1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most dissapointing Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BullFan, Feb 9, 2005.

1. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Tell me how he wasn't disappointing in those respective areas in the post Olajuwon era.

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On Rodney Mac,I don't think he was any better than J.Howard,and he was taken at 3.Rodney played much better defense,but in total,I don't see that much of a difference in talent level.
    He was a helluva guy and was dealing with alot off the court,but on the basketball court,very average starter.

3. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

I'm not going to say that having a bunch of players that get 2.8 TO is better than a bunch of guys that get 1.1. My point was that if you have a main man (like KG) and he gets 2.7 with 35 minutes that's fine with me. If Yao gets 31 minutes and is around 2.8. That's ok. Can it improve? Sure. What I don't want is a PG that plays 35-40 min per game, gets 3.7-4.0 TO per game, has the ball in his hands most of the time, takes most of the shots, gets 21ppg, and *only* gets 6 ast per game.

If you want that, follow Orlando. I don't care if you surround that turnover-PG with a bunch of guys that get 1.1 TO per game and it lowers the team's total TO. IF he's the center of the offense. And he's the guy that is suppoed to take care of the ball. That's just way too many TO. I can't belive you would think that's the best way to build a team. It's too risky.

If you are stuck with a player like that, I guess the best thing you can do is put players that have low TO around him (yes you are right there....). But I think the better solution is just to get rid of that TO prone player (like we did).

I just will never like those type of players (great hops or not).

Did you know that Jordan averaged 8 assist, 8 rebounds and 32ppg one year? I'd say that's more that *just* scoring. He could play the PG, SG and SF. He was versatile.

LJ is the same way. Maybe not as good a scorer right now. But still up there.

I don't know why you get this idea that just because someone passes a lot that they have to have a HIGH TO rate. I think you've too used to watching Francis so much. If you think that LJ is more a passer type? Well, that skill should improve.

Watch, in LJ's fourth year, he'll get 8.8 APG and 2.8 TO per game and you come back and say, "See, you were off by .3 APG!" I think the point is that he will improve his TO rate even though he's a passing type player. You don't belive it. I do.

I think the reason you don't want to believe it is because you are apologizing for Francis; You think that just because he hasn't improved, LJ can't improve.

Drastic change? Where did you get the idea that I was looking for a "drastic change?" I said that 2.8 on 31 is fine. And that he can improve on that. If if drops to 2.6, that's not a drastic change. He was already pretty good.

As far as Magic Johnson being "dumb." When did I say that?

Magic was smart because he could get 11.2 APG and get 3.5 TO per game. That's a little different than getting 3.7-4.0 TOPG and only 6.5 APG, don't ya think?

Yeah, and? Born or not. You've either learned bad habits or you could never learn how to take care of the ball in the first place. Either way, you can't LEARN or UN-LEARN it.

One: it's too ingrained to unlearn. Two: You never learned it in the first place; maybe be cause that player was *dumb*

#123 DavidS, Feb 14, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rodney McCray has done Kroger commercials.
    What has Juwan done?