1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Annoying Sportscaster Ever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Dec 27, 2001.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

i think seeing the wide variety of responses here that a best sportscaster thread is necessary :)

2. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Milo Hamilton

3. kbm

kbm Member

Dennis Miller is fast carving a place in the sportscasters hall of shame. BTW, I like linda cohn. What's wrong with her highlight calls?

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

The Harry Carey tat scares me!:D

5. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

I like Linda Cohn, and I really think Hannah Storm is awesome...other than those two I don't like women sports announcers all that much. Lisa Malosky still annoys me, and there is something about Suzy Kolber I don't like.

Bonnie Bernstein is hot.

BGM, you don't like Kevin Harlan? Me neither...

HE'S A FLAME THROWER!!!!!

RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES!!!!!!

Dude, mix in a new catch phrase every once in a while.

While we are on TNT's crew, Craig Sager is THE biggest joke in sideline reporting ever. As if his reporting wasn't bad enough, his suits make Calvin look like a broker on Wall Street.

There is nothing I hate more than the lovers' quarrels between Snapper Jones and Walton...they both suck.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I dislike Dick Vitale the most, all the yelling and OVERexcitement is very unnecessary.

I also dislike sportscasters which compare everything to themselves. Example: "I didn't do this when I was playing" or "If I were still playing I would have done this". That gets annoying real quick! :mad:

7. The Voice of Reason

Coselle, vitalle

cant spell, but hate then both

they both thought and think they are bigger than the game they are announcing

8. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Actually, Costas rides ANYONES jock that is on top.

He does it in baseball with the Yankees.

He did it with the Bulls. And he was on Dreams jock also. The man is the bandwagoner of all time. And how he rode Greg Maddux during the 1995 playoffs was the most disgusting display of all time. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER with the all time comparisons. Once is enough. But the same damn point for 5 innings? Give me a break already.

9. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Dan Patrick.

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Has anyone heard the T-Wolves' announcers? These guys are so cocky, you'd think that the Wolves were ten-time defending champions. I'm not going to bother describing them any further. Just watch a Minnesota game on League Pass, and you will know what I am talking about.

I've always enjoyed Walton, Costas, Marv, Harlan, and Calvin. I guess it's just a personal thing.

The Spurs announcers can just go to hell.

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Umm, isn't Kevin Harlan one of the T-Wolves announcers?

12. junglerules

junglerules Member

First of all, I used to hate walton. But, i find his exaggerations and whatnot mildly entertaining. Now, if they could just split him and his wife, SNAPPER, up, that would be better. And walton is not anti-rocket. In fact, over the past few years, it would've been hard to find someone to ride hakeem's jock more than bill.

I love marv albert- basketball on tnt or nbc just wasn't the same without the perv. Harlan is an idiot. I don't think he cares about the game as much as he's just looking for opportunities to throw in his whack catch phrases.

Bob costas is a genius. With that said, he's the annoying-ass kid in the classroom that always questions the teacher, and the class never gets anything done. Essentially, he's too smart for his own good. I loved him doing the nba, but during baseball, the olympics, etc., he grated on my nerves to no end.

Madden, Bill Maas, both annoying. Summerall has no clue anymore. I think his eyes are glued shut. I actually like the ESPN sunday night football team, and i think dennis miller has brought down the quality of al michaels and MNF. Once again, a dude too smart for his own good.

Oh yeah, vitale rocks because he CARES about the game. He wants what is best for college basketbal, and his emotion (ad nauseum) is genuine. I feel like it's not "all about him," though it may appear that way at times. He does ride the ACC's jock, but he did pick michigan to beat UNC in the title game in 92-93. I know some people say he is an ACC guy unequivocally, but if so, a lot of it probably has to do with his friendship with valvano, coach k, etc.

Hannah storm= awesome. Melissa stark=awesome, even if she adds NOTHING with her sideline commentary. :) Eric Dickerson....we'd be better off if he shut his mouth, put on pads, and just re-enacted the plays, rather than trying to describe them in words. Make him a mime...that would make me happy.

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Walton sux bigtime!
    Costas is just damn irritating
    Dick Vitale is also irritating
    I would probably hate calvin if he wasn't an ex-Rocket and one of our air guys. But since he is, Get Off Calvin's back already! :D

14. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Jim Rome, not exactly a sportscaster but still damn annoying.

My roommate last year was a "clone" or whatever they're called. Have you ever tried to watch TV with the Rome radio show on at the same time?

15. Nomar

Nomar Member

I love Madden. I remember his comment one time... "Thats a heck of a deal right there."

heck of a deal... :D

16. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Manny- I was referring to the non-Harlan T-wolves announcers, specifically, their color guy.