1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Annoying Sportscaster Ever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Without a doubt, the most annoying sportscaster has to be Brent Musburger, IMO.

How this clown gets to announce all the big sporting events just blows my mind. He is so condescending and pretentious that I literally want to turn the sound down every time this fool is on.

Does anyone else wonder how Musburger gets to announce all the big events like the Rose Bowl or in the past, stuff like the Super Bowl and the NCAA Championship Basketball Game?

Honorable mention goes to Linda Cohn of ESPN's Sportscenter. Yea, she is not a sportscaster but an anchor, but God is she annoying! Talk about condescending...if you looked up the word in the dictionary, you would see a picture of her ugly mug.

I have always felt that she must be married to the head of ESPN or doing someone important to be able to keep her job because she is fu*king pitiful.

What sportscaster(s) do you find annoying?

2. Ninja Sauce X

Ninja Sauce X Member

For some reason i find Pat Croce very very annoying. I just cant put my finger on why though...is he still on NBC?

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Bill Walton

4. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Joe Theisman! Dude you are soooooooo stuck on yourself it isnt even funny!

This guy thinks he is God, and is constantly trying to play coach on Sunday Night Football. He talks more than the other 2 jokers (cant remember the names) and never lets them get a word in edge wise.

5. Hydra

Hydra Member

I don't know if he qualifies as a sportscaster, but I am going to go with Jim Gray. When he tried to ambush Pete Rose at the All-Star game, that was really pathetic and low class. I did like it when AI just made him sit there doing natta in the Sixers locker room though.

6. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

That Pat O'Brien character that does like tennis and Olympic coverage... he's so plastic.

7. Nomar

Nomar Member

bill walton.

"and he flies to the hoop with the evervescent grace of the 19-time allstar."

"thats Terrrriebbble form on the part of the 15-year veteran"

ARGGGGGG

8. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Chris Schenkel

9. Band Geek Mobster

I like Walton and Theisman...

As far as ESPN Personalities, Stuart Scott takes the cake as most annoying.

NBA Announcer is easy, Kevin Harlan, what a worthless piece of crap he is...

Most of the NFL Announcer guys are annoying, not the color guys, but the assclowns that sit with them...

10. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I hate Bill Walton so much it makes me ill. I want to tear off his arms and beat those big ass horse teeth out of his head with them. He is such a jack ass and he hates the Rockets. When we won the championships I am sure he couldnt get it up for a month and walked around like some one kicked his dog. I wish the Rockets would win the title every year, not only because they are my favorite team, but just so it pisses off Bill Walton. His Q&A thing he has on msnbcsports.com is awful. He has his tongue so far up NY, LA, and Micheal Jordons ass that it makes me want to puke. Die Bill Die!!!!

Oh, and John Madden sucks a lot too.

11. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Walton is the Top-Blower of all time. Absolute worst announcer.

I really just hate the guy period. Lanky SOB. :mad:

Madden is good - kinda losing it - but still good.

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

When I read the title of this thread, the words "Brent" and "Musburger" came flying into my head. For those of you who are fortunate enough to be too young to have heard him do the NBA on <i>CBS</i> back in the 80's, Musburger made Walton look like the greatest commentator in the history of the game.

13. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Perfect statement!

It kills me when Mike Newlin stands in for a Rockets game.

14. deepellumrocket

Dick Enberg has always gotten under my skin. He constantly tries to describe the sport he is calling by comparing to a completely different sport. For example, when he does Wimbledon, he always compares the tennis serve to pitching in baseball.

Also, why has nobody mentioned Calvin Murphy yet? Set aside his mush-mouth delivery and he would still make this list for those gaudy suits.

15. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I find Calvin and his cookie act verrry annoying. I get sick of listening to him talk about himself. Bill Walton and Brent Musberger are irritating as well. (Yes, Jeff, I am old enough to remember Musberger on the NBA games. Ugh!)

But for me, the all time most hated announcer is one who (fortunately) is no longer calling NFL games, and that's Todd Christenson (sp?), the old tight end from the Raiders. I could, absolutely could not stand to hear his voice. He hated the Oilers, or any other team that wasn't the Raiders. Aargh! Just thinking of him is making my blood boil all over again! :mad: :mad:

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Joel Meyers, the Spurs PBP guy and the college football guy for Fox Sports Net. He has the most annoying voice I have ever heard, and he usually picks sides in just about every telecast. I remember in the OU-OSU game he constantly complained about every call that went against OU, but never really talk about the bad ones against OSU. And of course, his treatment of the Spurs rookie PG earned Tony Parker the nickname "Jesus".

18. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Calvin Murphy
    Bob Costas
    Bill Maas
    Dan Deirdorf

Favorites are Marv Albert and Vin Scully of LA Dodgers.

19. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Peter Vecsey on TNT. Pretentious ****.

Anyone who does ice skating commentary

Doug Collins. Whenever he did Laker games, I thought he was actually going to go on the court and give Shaq a blow job. Total bandwagoner.

20. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Walton, Magic Johnson was terrible when he did commentary too, and Musberger...."Here onnnnn CBS."

Costas made me cringe during the playoffs and finals, being so far up Shaq and Kobe's a$$es......pathetic.