1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mosque = big story, Republicans block aid to 9-11 victims = non story

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As the esteemed Sarah Palin would say, you betcha I'm angry about this issue.

That doesn't make me an angry man though. At least I actually care about the constitution unlike those tea party nincompoops who talk about defending the constitution and our freedom but then are willing to throw it under the bus when it involves someone not like them.

The day the right actually defends freedom of religion and other clauses of the constitution when it's for minority groups unlike themselves is the day I will believe they actually have begun to think rationally.

#101 Sweet Lou 4 2, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

This makes just as much sense as insinuating that the entire left wants to take money from hard working people and give it to those who will not work...in other words, none.

Anytime you paint with such a broad brush, you run the substantial risk of making no sense.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I am not saying none have, but which Republican pundits/politicians are arguing that the mosque has no legal right to exist?

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't know anyone on the left who wants to take money from hard working people and give it to those who will not work. Not a single person.

But I know lots and lots of people on the right who think Islam is a religion of violence and should not be allowed to build mosques in their communities. And when I say know, I mean know personally.

So I think your attempt to make my statements equivalent to "nonsense" is well...just nonsense.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Why are you asking me this question? That's not what I'm talking about.

We're talking about the freedom to express one's religion in america and the fact that many Republican pundits don't want Muslims to build mosques and such in their neighborhoods.

For instance, please tell me why Republicans claim that building a mosque near ground zero will result in jihadist terrorist center but building it 10 blocks away will not.

Please explain this to me.

6. tallanvor

Well I just don't see many people claiming they don't have the right to build and thus they have every right to practice their religion, so freedom of religion isn't an issue.

As for why "Republicans" (and many others) don't want mosques in their neighborhood; I believe it is because many feel Islam takes a brutal and archaic stance treating wives and woman in general. Most people aren't familiar with the religion's teachings, but can see exactly what an Islamic government allows in the Middle East (stoning woman for crimes liking napping in another man's house, the selling of little girls to other men like they are cattle). They see this and assume Islam encourages this behavior, and thus frown upon it being taught near them. This is still not a freedom of religion issue since they are allowed to teach it. Can a person not pass a judgment on a belief system?

7. tallanvor

Who says that building the center 10 blocks away will result in a terrorist center not being built?

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

9. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i agree with him, but dems wrap their arms around dems too. until we see full bipartisanship congress will remain a ****hole

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought the Dems abandoning the Democratic ideas behind health care and adopting every single Republican idea was pretty good example of an attempt at Bi-Partisanship.

It didn't work because the GOP then went against everything they had asked for previously.