1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morris thinks he's fighting for the Starting SF spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zacatecas, Oct 16, 2002.

1. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

He won't get the starting spot but he has definately made an improvement wich is what we allways look for in our team..an improvement! He will def get a couple more mins than he did last season though that's for sure!:eek:

2. Michael19P

Michael19P Member

I think KT is great. He has great footwork and plays hard. But come on, an "offensive weapon" off the bench? that is a little ridiculous. I think he is a good option off the bench, but there is no way I could ever call kenny and "offensive weapon."

3. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

I hope TMo feels like he is fighting for a starting spot. We need that kind of determination and fire on this team. If everyone looked at their position and fought hard for a starting spot, how much better would we be. Now, I dont think that he will start, but if his level of play continues its upward path, he will see significant minutes this season.

4. Live

Live Member

Its great if TMo feels that way, but he's not going to 'get a cookie' from me. He's supposed to be trying to earn playing time, or even a starting position.

Keep working hard, TMo.

5. Fredterp

Fredterp Member

TRock, you're the man! Terence worked his tail off this summer while he was in Frederick, Md. Total "team player" that provides the glue to good team chemistry, a Red Auerbach Celtic type player. Has the game but always needed to become more selfish on the offensive side. Usually will not force the shot but does all the little things. I am glad Rudy T had confidence in him, other coaches might not have had the patience to let him develop in the NBA. You will find few who are as personable as TRock (nickname to those close), or I might now say TRocket. FREDTERP

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I guess it depends on your defenition of "offensive weapon". Kenny avg 14 pts and shot almost 48% last year while mostly facing the basket. He thrived taking the ball to the basket against slower bigger Power Forwards and he has great post moves and footwork around the basket as well. Most people that watch KT know that if he were just 2 or 3 inches taller he would be a great power forward. This year he will still be much faster than the bigger power forwards and his size will allow him to post up the Small Forwards when Rudy chooses to use him as a 3.

Count me as someone that sees KT as an offensive weapon.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

count me too, KT has improved his ball handling and finsh to the basket over last year. I think Morris will make a great 6th man.. and you all know that just because you start a game for RT doesn't mean you will play the most minutes.
    SAme goes with MoT and EG..I believe that Mo will start(after the first 5) and EG will come in midway thru the first(unless we need his interior D)..but will play more minutes than Mo.

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

Ya know, John Lopez had a column with the subject being "Rockets Players Wish List" around Xmas time last year. He put the following for KTom and Cato.

KTom: Kelvin Cato's body
    Cato: Kenny Thomas' heart

I dont think you could compliment KTom in a better way, than John Lopez did with those two lines right there. :D

9. moomoo

moomoo Member

T-rock's thrown up some stank ugly lookin' bricks so far in this game. Let's see if he can right the ship in the second half.

10. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

terrence morris builds brick houses for rockets home charity and on the b-ball court. he sucks. terrence morris + a 30 game = the end of the world.:eek:

11. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

The Rocks were not moving the ball around like they did in the first two games. T-Mo was shooting with the shot clock drained or out of the flow of the offense -- when there was a flow. He showed that he is more accustomed to SF running the show. Anyway, TMo will definitely make this team and may well be first backup.

12. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Both EG and Tmo did not hit shots early. At least EG got to come back and fix that while Tmo could not. Certainly we are not hear to question Tmo at this point. It would be useless and stupid. As we know to be the case, he has many ways of contributing. In 18 mins, he had 8 reb, 4 offensive, and 2 assists. Overall his game was as good and MoT's and Mobley's.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We have a logjam at SF. 4 players that can contribute in some way. Someone is going to sit a lot either due to injury or by coach's decision.

I predict Rice will be injured again (just a hunch) and be in and out of the line up. I hope he doesn't start, or he will make the starting line up very unstable.

Nachbar will get better and better and get more PT. His style should fit the new offense very well. But he probably won't get the starting job this year.

Thomas and Morris both do the "little things" (rebound, defense, etc.) very well. Who will get PT depends on their offense, especially their shooting. Right now Thomas is more proven than Morris on this count.