1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Moron] Stupid Trump Tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Jan 2, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Past tweet as a reminder what a horrible human being trump is...

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Jesus Christ

No Worries, NewRoxFan and B-Bob like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing you missed the sarcasm in Hume's point about Trump's knowledge of history? :D

5. NewRoxFan

No... that's why I posted Hume's tweet...

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Everything is about PR/ propaganda to get re-elected from this point on. North Korea engagement has nothing to do with US interests. Trump knows and does not care the least bit if they denuke.

I fully expect a “if we elect Hillary, we’ll be at war with Russia” type scare tactic to be the talk of the right in 2020, but with North Korea. I think he’s going to continue to situate himself as a Kim Jung whisperer who is the only thing standing between us and Nuclear War. Im sure he’s trying to use tactics to use Kim Jung to issue threats during election season and cite his fondness for Trump keeping him from action. He might even get Kim to demonize the Dem candidate for him.

It’s coming on right wing talk radio and the hundred billion different right wing blogs online. “Yeah we know Trump isn’t perfect, but we don’t want Nuclear War with North Korea”.

Trump doesn’t understand much, but He certainly does understand PR, misinformation, and propaganda. I think the Dems need to understand what he is actually good at in order to beat him. 40% of people will believe this BS that the right wing media will put on a loop in their brains. They need to combat this type of scare tactic propaganda tactic he’s going to try to play with NK.

#1406 dobro1229, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    RayRay10 and Harrisment like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

Oh, the irony...

... as opposed to the double standard re: sexual harassment and assault and the "both sides now" on full display in the white house?

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

To not know something that elementary-school about US history is about as lame a defense as it gets.

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I don't think anyone is offering that as a "defense" . . .

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's exactly what Hume is doing. He is defending Trump against the charge that he maliciously invoked the Trail of Tears by suggesting that Trump wouldn't have even heard of it.

No Worries, Nook and B-Bob like this.
  11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Why does the President of The United States have to remind people that he likes to insult other Americans?

“Often referred to as Pocahontas by me”

I mean Is that not the most childish , petulant , and cringeworthy level the President could ever stoop to? Trick question, do not answer. POTUS will always have a lower level of stoop.

RayRay10, Nook and B-Bob like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I didn't take that as a defense, I took it as criticism of the argument offered by Jamil Smith

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I was about to say nobody would be dumb enough to fall for that. But anyone still supporting Trump has clearly demonstrated they’re dumb enough to fall for that.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

No comments about the use of 'savage' that Junior used to describe his dad's tweet?

Nook likes this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

They are clearly misinformed and easily manipulated enough to fall for that. Case in point 2016 when all I heard about with my closet Trumper friends was that line about how a vote for Hillary was a vote for war with Russia and China.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Human being"?

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Ann Althouse with her usual level-headed take on the "TRAIL" tweet controversy:

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2019/02/how-despicable-or-clever-is-trumps-see.html

I'll just say 4 things:

1. Trump only wrote (yelled) "TRAIL." He didn't say "Trail of Tears." His haters are zeroing in on the Trail of Tears and insisting that's what he meant to refer to and that's what he thought was funny to say. It seems to me that "trail" is a more general term and a term that relates to Native Americans. It's that more general meaning that makes the specification "of Tears" understandable. It's as if these anti-Trumpsters have never heard of the Great Trail or the Natchez Trace.

2. If Trump's opponents really do feel empathy toward those who suffered in the Trail of Tears, why are they bringing it up to score political points? They're taking something weighty and somber and throwing it around gleefully, because they think they got Trump. Is that a smirk I see on their face?

3. Trump got his opponents to repeat his tweet. They are making it viral, because they think they are hurting him, but they are spotlighting Elizabeth Warren's worst problem and helping to insure that when we think about Elizabeth Warren, we think about her problematic use of the claim that she's Native American.

4. The Trump antagonists are giving us another example of the harshness of the left's demands. Whatever you say may be presented in the worst possible light. It seems that if anything can be portrayed as racist/sexist/homophobic, it will be, and you can be ruined in an instant in the American they have created and want to control. It's scary.

18. NewRoxFan

Ms. Althouse would be on firmer ground defending trump if trump hadn't already had a history of demeaning native Americans in his efforts to attack a political opponent.

Trump’s Use of Wounded Knee to Mock Elizabeth Warren Angers Native Americans
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/us/politics/wounded-knee-trump-warren.html

Even when trump is attempting to honor Native Americans, he manages to demean them in the process...

Trump Calls Warren ‘Pocahontas’ at Event Honoring Native American Vets
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...as-at-event-honoring-native-american-veterans

durvasa likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Considering Carter, Bush, Clinton and Obama are all retired, he probably does work more than they do