1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Moron] Stupid Trump Tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Jan 2, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump and his admin will lie, even in the effort to do "good"...

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

With all due respect you don't have to tell us this every post.

Andre0087 likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

Easy solution... hit that Ignore button. It will spare you grief. The other solution is a lot tougher... I can stop posting trump's lies, but that relies on trump not lying every day.

Interesting that republicans used to respect presidents that told the truth. There was George Washington... famous for "I cannot tell a lie" with regard to the cutting down of a cherry tree. There was Abraham Lincoln, who was known as "Honest Abe".

And... now we have trump.

4. KingCheetah

I said, 'with all due respect' like Jack Kennedy and @Deckard -- what I'm getting at is that we know Trump lies all the time about everything.

jiggyfly and Deckard like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

No worries, I wasn't insulted or upset (though usually, when I read "with all due respect" I expect something bad will follow). I actually suggest using the Ignore to everyone... I hate seeing long drawn out insult threads. This is supposed to be place to learn things and to a degree have fun. Otherwise why do it, and there are lots of other places to be and things to do if its not. If I bother someone... ignoring me seems better than getting into written battle. Heck, I ignore people here.

But... what is your preferred fix? That I only post about every other trump lie? Every third lie? Or... should I have a weekly lie post, where I aggregate all his lies? Or... only the truly bad lies (maybe some rating system like "pants on fire")?

Or... is it simply the editorial comment "trump lies, about everything, all the time"? Would you prefer I just not include that? Or not include any comment involving the word "lie"?

OK, seriously, I don't post EVERY trump lie. One, its be pretty tough to do... I think he must be approaching 20,000 lies in the three years he has been president. And while I have posted 30k posts, that's since 2002, and in a few other cc.net forums, and well before trump became president. And two... there are people that (trump lie tracking) actually do that for a living (eg really good tweeter is Daniel Dale @ddale8).

And... I do think its important that trump lies constantly and about all things. If trump lies about dumb and meaningless things like crowd size, or conversations with imaginary people... you know he would lie about important things. If no one calls him out on it... it becomes acceptable. And once lying to the American people becomes acceptable our American system and society fails.

But... since you asked me politely, I will try my best to improve my posting here.

B-Bob, RayRay10, Deckard and 3 others like this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wait....unlike Trump, someone is putting a check on your power (to post)? That's some b******t.

7. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

I think what KC ment is that you don’t need to add the sentence « Trump lies... », not the actual lie itself.

I think most people coming to this thread (like me) appreciate your informative posts here. :)

jiggyfly and B-Bob like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

9. NewRoxFan

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lmao, “Don’t bring Fredo!” Classic!!

11. NewRoxFan

Special guest appearance by senator john cornyn

12. NewRoxFan

13. NewRoxFan

Funny that trump has to fudge the already sketchy ny post numbers...

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Never in my wildest dreams would I imagine having the leader of our great country post such nasty remarks about anyone and everyone who dares to disagree with him. He has turned me from Republican to Democrat. I can not vote for a man that has spewed more lies in 3 years than I ever imagined possible from one human being. Fool me once, bad on me, but I won't be fooled again. I certainly won't vote for a man that is as arrogant, corrupt and vain as Mr. Trump again.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He behaved the same way prior to the 2016 election. Remember the meanness he displayed towards all his opponents in each party? The lies about them? The grabbing comment? The mocking of the disabled reporter? If you don't like it now, why did you like it then?

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was never a Republican and far from agreeing with most Republican ideas. But I feel awful for thoughtful ideological Republicans whose ideals have been sold out from under them and have had their party hi-jacked from underneath them.

I honestly feel horrible for people in your position.

17. KingCheetah

I enjoy and respect this openness from Mr. Trump -- he says what we're all thinking.

18. Buck Turgidson

That's got to be tough on Donald...he's got 2 sons, a daughter and son-in-law who are all Fredos.

19. NewRoxFan

Laughable that trump comments on Jennifer Rubin's typo... heck, trump has even struggled spelling his role in the government ("President's Day", "unpresidented") and his own (third) wife's name ("Melanie").

20. NewRoxFan

Since trump again has nothing on his work schedule... he has plenty of time for tweetrums. Here's one trying to deflect from his team's corruption by deflecting to former secretary of state John Kerry...

And, as usual, the fact checkers prove trump is, well, being trump...

Fact checking Trump's claim John Kerry is in violation of the Logan Act
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/09/poli...n-kerry-logan-act-iran-facts-first/index.html

2 reasons Trump’s John Kerry-Logan Act riff was problematic
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ps-john-kerry-logan-act-riff-was-problematic/