1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey's Wild Card

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sjackson0, May 25, 2010.

1. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Each year, he pulls off something that take many of us by surprise because it was off the radar. I think this summer will be no different.....I believe Morey has the Timberwolves set as his next victim. I remember reading that the wolves were looking to move Big Al Jefferson to make room for Kevin Love and possibly drafting Cousins. They need a taker that can provide them draft picks and a solid player or two to make it happen. In comes Morey....We all know that he's had his eye on Rubio for a few years now and just waiting on the chance to strike. I wouldn't be surprised if we end of with Al Jefferson and Rubio before draft night is over.....it's VERY feasible. I know we'd have to move #14 and a Knicks draft pick (possibly 2012) and a piece of two from the team to help match salaries. I would be MORE than happy with this scenario if it happened. Al is a young productive beast that has started to command double teams every night. He rebounds in the double digits and his footwork is getting nasty...plus he's a pup. We all know the scoop on Rubio so there is no need to elaborate. lol I just have a sneaking feeling that if Bosh isn't an option, Morey will pull a Al Jefferson/ Ricky Rubio type trade.

Thoughts

#1 sjackson0, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

edited

No qualms about that trade. I'd be happy to have Jefferson and Rubio.

#2 srrm, May 25, 2010
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

I believe the "Al Harrington" you're talking about is Al Jefferson.

Maybe he does, maybe not. Who knows. Maybe Bosh is 1, if Clutch is throwing us any bones Stoudemire may be 2. and perhaps Rubio/Jefferson is 3. Again, who knows.

4. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Morey should skip 1, 2, and go straight to 3.

#4 Rocket4Life11, May 25, 2010
  5. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Rubio/Jefferson makes more sense to me than gutting the team for Bosh or Stoudemire

6. sjackson0

I'm sorry...yes, Jefferson

brain fart

7. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

Would be all for it...Rubio, Ariza, Martin, Jefferson, and Yao

Tons of free throws, single coverage, and points....

8. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

left off most important.....Height

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ditto, especially if it is just for picks and expirings.....

DD

10. sjackson0

It just seems like it's something he (morey) would do. And I know Yao would love it seeing that he wouldn't have to face Big Al anymore one on one. lol

11. Raven

Raven Member

Jefferson and Rubio over Bosh, but it all depends on how much. I like the fact that Morey doesn't lock in on one player, but looks for the best deal.

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Bosh is a much better fit with a healthy Yao, but since we don't know what's really in store for the rest of Yao's career, Jefferson could replace him for all intents and purposes. Not that Yao is going anywhere anytime soon, but if he gets hurt again, it's time to stop hoping for him to carry us to a title.

Yao and Jefferson on the floor at the same time would be a painfully slow moving interior defense, and would limit our ability to run not having a 4 that can get up and down.

13. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Jefferson+Rubio instead of Bosh would be intriguing, but I don't think Minnesota will bite, or if they do, we'd have to give up an arm and a leg.

Unless they are truly desperate to unload Jefferson. I think they're actually more included to unload Kevin Love, actually, because Jefferson meshed quite well with Milicic.

#13 Depressio, May 25, 2010
  14. sjackson0

I think they would.....there is word that they are shopping him (Al) since they have the 4th pick. He doesn't make max money (great for morey), but Sota feels that they can get 18 and 10 boards from Kevin Love with 30+ mins a game. And with the 4th pick, Cousin or Favors will be there; more than likely Cousins and they can start over with young cheap talent. Rubio will take some craftiness from Morey, but remember that we have 1 round draft picks at our disposal (2 of them) and young talent that's not over paid, The Rockets are the perfect trade partner for a team that's looking to rebuild and save money.

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'd definitely rather have Bosh over Jefferson but if you add in Rubio I would be very satisfied with either scenario.

16. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

so morey's wide cards are not really surprised you at all. :grin: if you keep guessing, morey will run out of any wide card. ;)

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Jefferson added to this core would be just fine and Rubio for 2011, count me in. Kahn has to realize Rubio isn't going to play in Minnesota and I think they rather keep the young Love over a long term contract like Jefferson.

I think something like the 14th this season, Knicks 2012 pick, Battier, Andersen and Budinger might just get it done.

18. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

They can keep Jefferson....I'd prefer a Rubio & Cousins combo... :grin:

--RB

19. sjackson0

lol...he's surprised me everytime. Pleasantly I might add, but just saying that a Al Jefferson/ Rubio trade would be right up his alley.

20. sjackson0

We're on the same page, but I think they would want Jordan Hill in that trade somewhere, but hey...it's all in fun right now.