1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey's Offseason Plans: My Predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Mar 23, 2012.

1. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I have a good feeling if we resign Dragic we will go very hard for LaMarcus Aldridge with draft picks, Kyle Lowry, PatPat and other assets.

Dragic, (Hopefully) Llull
    Lee, Budinger, Llull
    Parsons, Morris
    Aldridge, Scola
    Montiejunas, Camby

This looks like a great team with many two way players.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

1. Screw going after DWill... DM jus wasted a good portion of the trade deadline going after DHo.... also still pissed my Titans didnt get Manning...lol - work on realistic targets..

2. Resign Dragic... I think we can hold him a 6M/yr, and contrary to the board - dont trade Lowry! Having them as a duo for 12-13M/yr is ideal... 6 man of the year in the making, and Dragic is a fine bu at sg also...

3. Retain CLee...6-7M should do it... with him starting and KLow/Dragic combo, we got 3 guards covering 96 minutes - perfect! Prob buy a second rd pick for a bu sg to develop...

4. sf - drive up the price on Batum and maybe a couple others - but content with Parsons and Morris...

5. Get a good big! Package Scola/Kmart and an assortment of other assets (Bud, NY pick, Dallas pick, Sam or Camby) and get an upper level pf or center. Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, etc....

6. DMo added to mix... depending on who you get with move 5... plug DMo in at the other spot... can play either pf or c....

7. Retain Sam or Camby - best deal vs production stays...

3. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

I guess your ignoring Evans rookie season when you make that comment ... and although Harden is having a great season ... there is absolutely NOTHING SIGNIFICANTLY better about his season versus what EVANS is doing currently ...

Harden -- 17.1 pts 4.2 rebounds 3.7 assists 0.9 steals in 32 minutes averaged

Evans -- 17.2 pts 5.1 reb 4.8 ass 1.3 steals .5 blks in 35 minutes averaged

OKC has a significantly better record but Harden is the third or fourth reason why that is ...

regardless you have to give credit that Harden is still a big reason why ... I don't claim harden is a bad player at all but "UNQUESTIONABLY TOP 3 SG" is a bit of a bold statement my friend ...

I personally would rather have Evans than Harden .. ill start a poll to see how many people agree or disagree

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

You're ignoring efficiency.

Don't do that.

It's stupid.

Tyreke has basically been a chucker his entire career. Sacramento was relying on his efficiency improving but instead it has declined. Harden is ridiculously efficient and gets the same points in 2/3 of the shot attempts.

5. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

agreed to everything you said ... You said said a shorter version of what I said ... =) ..

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

LOL, you're wasting time with this.

7. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

Tyreke is being asked to be a primary option ... If you make Harden a primary option ... His efficiency will also come down ... Primary options have to take it upon them to score the ball ... and dont make "stupid" comments ... how is 48% harden versus 44% Evans ... 2/3 of the shot attempts lol ... come on man ... I told you make tangible arguments based on facts ...

8. ThaShark316_28

Take us (us = the Rockets, I mean) out of it for a split second...

If POR was smart, they'd seriously consider dealing LMA and try to move up for #1 if that pick they got from NJ isn't top 3.

9. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

Portland is an absolute mess (mainly due to injuries) ... they have some talented players on their roster ... But yeah trade whoever to get your direction going right ... I wonder if we can get Nate Mcmillan as a assistant coach ???

10. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

I started a Poll on this ... lets see what happens

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

No one is going to offer him max because they can't under the new cba. You hae to meet certain parameters to get a max offer. If having 3 max contracts was impossible for okc,then it should be for a team like miami also. Its the same money cap wise and with the harsh penalties in the new cba,you won't see those 3 max guys hardly again. Lakers wouldn't take beasley because of cap penalties and basically gave odom away for a candy bar and popcorn. Harden will not be a max player under any circumstance. I could've placed a bet and beat you easily,but I'm a good sport about it.

12. jopatmc

Harden will get the max when he becomes an UFA so long as his game does not regress over the next year.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Right... just not from OKC though. :) Unless they trade Westbrook...

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

He can't be offered the max until he makes 1st team all nba. That's in the new cba to protect owner from themselves.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

He can be offered roughly $14.5M (25% of a $58M salary cap), and he will be offered that much in RFA. That's high enough that OKC can't keep him, Westbrook, and Durant together. It would be their entire cap space before they even sign Ibaka and flesh out the rest of their roster.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

OKC's gonna have to move one of th big 4.

Harden Durant Westbrook and Ibaka alone will put them right at the luxuray tax. To fill out their roster they would have to go 15-20 million into the luxary tax, I don't think they can afford that.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think the reason they might decide to move Harden in the offseason is he has more value at that time & they won't have to break up the team in the middle of a playoff run next season. I think there is about a 50/50 chance they decide to trade him before the beginning of next season. The question is, do the Rockets have anything they want. If they see Westbrook as a pure PG then they won't want Lowry, if they don't want Lowry I don't know if we can give them a package good enough to get Harden.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sell high on Lowry and Scola, jettison Martin and resign Dragic and pursue Gasol again.

DD

19. jopatmc

I can only wish you were right. If OKC wanted to trade Harden, I'd give them Lowry, Scola, plus picks for him. And then go out and sign DWill or re-sign Dragic.

But alas, I don't believe it for one second. Harden is the 2nd best player on that team and the 3rd best SG in the NBA. IF OKC is going to move someone, it will be Westbrook. And it will be convenient for them to that this offseason with all the teams with cap space. The Thunder are going to collapse in the post season and the weak link is going to be Westbrook. Book it.`

20. thekad

thekad Member

Lowry > Dragic. Harden ~= Martin. Scola > Motiejunas. Hibbert = max contract.

I'd rather keep getting 14th picks than lock that team up long term.