1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey's Offseason Plans: My Predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Mar 23, 2012.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I dunno about that. Chandler is pretty damn good, he needs to get his FT shooting together but pretty damn good. Batum is a better spot up shooter but Chandler is a better handler and passer of the ball. To me this is very debatable.

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

You didn't the intangibles Parsons possesses. His ball handling is better and so is his court vision. His offense can get better with an actual summer training. And 23 is still young and Parsons is still on his rookie contract.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Eh, I would prefer to upgrade at shooting guard and the 4/5 spots and keep Parsons, but beggars can't be choosers. We just need upgrades, period.

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

#1 is Deron Williams. I think he's headed to the Mavs, but it's worth a try.

#2 is resigning Lee. Morey wouldn't trade Lee straight up for Asik, so that should show where his priorities lie.

#3 is Asik. Morey's been heavily after him for several years now. He will be very cheap, as he's limited to a max deal of $5 million/year by league rules. Our leverage is that we can offer the starting spot at center....Chicago cannot. If this happens, I expect us to cut Dalembert and resign Camby to the vet min.

#4 is getting Motie and Llull over next year. I think we will pull at least one of the two (Motie).

#5 if we get Llull (which will probably be a backroom agreement) Morey will look to deal Martin for a pick (or just moving up in the draft) and a TPE. That will give us the space needed to get under the cap.

A couple of things I don't expect to happen:

1) Scola will not be traded unless we can clearly upgrade the PF spot. Neither Patterson or Motie have proven enough to take over, and Scola is our only go to scorer in the post.

2) Dragic will not be resigned. You can believe that teams are watching his performance right now, and they will be willing to pay. He's not restricted like Lee, and we can't offer the starting position like other teams can. He will sign with someone else, and I'll be very happy for him.

1 person likes this.
  5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

You are the dumb.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

And based on your previous posts, you should be a Rookie... or banned. Welcome to the ignore list.

7. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Batum can play the 2 and 3

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

We make a futile effort toward getting DWill. Doing so causes us to lose Goran and tick off Lowry because his name is repeated mentioned in the trade scenarios. DWill of course signs with Dallas and we are left with the current roster - Dragic + a mid-teen pick who is sent to the DLeague. We are now ready for another year of fighting the 8th seed in playoffs and talking about next year.

Hey...I think I've seen this before...

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

1.) Sign Dwill
    2.) Resign Lee/Dragic
    3.) Bring in a good FA - Asik, Batum, Wallace.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

That's exactly what I, and Morey I hope, would like the Rockets to avoid.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Batum at the 2 alongside Parsons? Maybe so. I haven't seen him play the 2 so I can't speak from personal experience. Sounds good to me though. Something like Dragic/Batum/Parsons/Motiejunas/Gasol would be one tall-ass team. We'd have the height advantage on basically everyone we faced

12. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

If the Magic don't make some major noise in the playoffs, expect Dwight to be back on the market, perhaps as soon as this summer. It may take a trip to the finals for Orlando to have a realistic chance of keeping him. Otherwise I don't see them having the assets to bring in a star, and none of the complaints that caused Dwight to want out in the first place will have been resolved.

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Given Morey's past performances here is what I expect:

Hard run after DWill. His salary is set in stone - a max contract.

Match all offers for Lee.

Try to resign Dragic if the price is not too high. Expect the price to be incredibly high. PG poor draft.

Bring Moteijunas over.

Attempt to package assets like Martin to move up in the draft.

Craftily wait for the fire sale coming in 2013 when the luxury tax gets brutal.

14. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

My memory is fading away, Can you do a sign and trade on draft day? like Dragic for another player.

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

16. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

I agree mostly with what jopat had on the first page.

But just out of curiousity, I was wondering why there isn't more discussion on the Jazz bigs. Now, understandably, I know everybody hates the Jazz here but they do have some nice assets in Favors and Kanter. Is the price too much?

Also, another thing to consider, is that the Jazz potentially have two lottery picks in a draft filled with bigs. Something has to give?

Sorry, I hope this isn't off topic.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Jazz bigs could be a possibility in a Lowry trade. Two things bother me:

1) Their contracts expire after next year if you go after Jefferson/Millsap. Doubt they part with Favors/Kanter.

2) Do you really want to see Lowry or Scola as a Jazz... I don't think Martin by himself gets you any of their bigs.

Definitely worth thinking about though. Maybe a fair deal could be reached.

18. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

Yea that's mostly what I was thinking. I am guessing if they were to trade one of their bigs it would be Jefferson to open up pt for Favors/Kanter. But man, I would think that they would be open to trade one of their potential lottery picks.

Eh...I see number two too much on this board. NBA is a business. Besides would you want to see Lowry and Scola as Lakers? (Honestly, I hate the Jazz the most out of all the teams :))

19. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Since it is prediction, I will go with:

Morey will find a new team.

20. disguyman

disguyman Member

moreys plan is to treat all his players like assets, offseason, in season, online, offline blah blah blah