1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Morey's Dwight Howard Package

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jun 7, 2012.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think acquiring DHo is such a long shot that its hardly worth discussing.

But if you could get him for Kyle, KMart and a draft pick I think you do it in a heart beat. The Rockets could easily creat enough cap space to land DWill which I think they would be in a great position to do. Even with out DWill Dragic would be an outstanding fall back plan.

The question in my mind is what would the Rockets have to give up along with Lowry & KMart? DMo? A draft pick or 2? With DHo we could possibly field a team like this next season:

DWill or Dragic
    Lee / Terrence Ross
    Parsons / Morris / Bud
    Scola / DMo / PPat
    DHo / Camby

I absolutely think this team would compete for a championship with plenty of players that are really young and have lots of years to continue improving. Ross, DMo would be two future starters.

If Morey could surround DHo with a winning team there is a good chance you could resign him. If the Rockets could sign DWil there would be an outstanding chance to resign DHo.

2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

If we cant compete with OKC with a lineup of DWILL HOWARD and Fillers/Leftovers then we should just shut down Toyota Center according to you... why play games then? We wont get a DWILL or Howard type of player with the 14th pick in the next ten years... so whats the point??... :rolleyes:

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Why wouldnt they be a match for okc...?

Dwill/FA
    C.lee/FA
    Parson/hedo
    Scola/dmo
    Howard/camby

That lineup couldnt compete with okc?

And dont twll me scola will be in orlando because i truely believe they dont want his contract, and will resign anderson...

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Who would Dallas offer? Remember, Orlando is cashing in.

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

You act as if Dwight has a say in whether he gets traded or not. If we obtain him via trade, Morey has a year to put a better cast around him, first and foremost, calling Williams.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'd go to war with that lineup and feel good about it. lots of upside there.

7. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Ya nice response...but I just gave up discussing this with him...it was giving me a headache.

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Or after Dwight leaves, we still could end up finishing 14th just because the talent we would have left would be too good to suck that bad.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You have a headache because you won't listen to reason.

10. BHannes2BHonest

True ... im getting there

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You might as well talk to a wall. These guys are all caught up. At least the wall will look you in the eyes.

12. BigMaloe

If we trade for dwight we get him no matter what.... there is a 50/50 chance he resigns... maybe less a chance... but if we could land dwill while howard is here the chances are 100 IMO... hes wanted to play with him forever now, and to think if we joined them together he would still walk for a bigger market your irrational...

13. BHannes2BHonest

yea we could but those chances are the equivalent to us winning the lottery from spot 14 :cool:

14. BHannes2BHonest

Normally you provide valid points and perspectives but right now I don't see any but maybe the wall does??? :grin:

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Stop being condescending. I'm hearing what you're saying, I just disagree. I think getting a guy like Howard in a Rockets jersey is worth the risk of him leaving...because I can see potential silver linings in him leaving. And I see us being a contender with him, ultimately, if he stays.

I don't see how we get off the treadmill without something dramatic like this, given that the owner is opposed to a true rebuild. I think the potential with one year of Howard and the hope of an extension is far better than 2 years of Pau Gasol at this point in their careers.

16. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

agreed...I usually like what he says at least...but this subject really isnt debatable...no matter how you look at this...its worth it for the rockets.

I see no valid reasoning why not too...not too mention people much smarter than all of us aka morey...think the same and made the effort.

So Id say logic is the side of the wall this time.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hey!! You think my points are valid??? Now i know you are crazy.:p:grin:

18. BHannes2BHonest

Its like being the High School nerd and going to prom with no date... but you have the option of renting a Lambo for the small chance of nailing the head cheerleader/baddest chick in school and taking your rep up to the highest level ..... period..... what do we have to lose??

19. BHannes2BHonest

:grin:

20. BigMaloe

Its easily that simple...

you cant hit a homerun unless you swing for it...