1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey's Dwight Howard Package

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jun 7, 2012.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

If the BBS is in virtual agreement that Lowry, Martin, Scola, and Dalembert need to be on their way out regardless....how can it be "not worth it" to sent them out for even a single year of a top 5 NBA player and the best center in the game?

One season of Dwight >>>> another season of mediocre meaninglessness.

2 people like this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Facilitate Howard to Brooklyn?

What's in it for us? Freeing up our own pick somehow? Getting Brook Lopez?

Someone else come up with that trade-a-trois, please.

3. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Dwight does not want to come to Houston, a worst team then the Magic! Theres a reason he wants to leave the Magic...because there not a elite team! He loves the city. The Rockets would have to give up half there roster to bring him in. All I'm saying is, don't get your hopes up!

4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

The only team that comes to mind is Golden State.. but would they be willing to give up the newly acquired Bogut plus #7... or something along those lines???

5. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

not really he only has one year left...if he is traded to crappy orlando he will most likely leave the next year. So no I dont agree. I think I prefer 2 lottery picks...dallas 2013 pick...and young talent like pat or morriss (another lotto pick) and guaranteed cheap talent like lowry to build around.

6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This multiplied by 10 billion.

7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Lets also keep in mind that might not be just for one season.

8. megastahr

This doesnt matter...Because if we get Howard in trade...we get williams.

If we sign williams then howard will be more than happy to resign in houston...spec with it being a large market and with moreys ability to get value players to put around stars...weve just lacked the stars.

9. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

we'd have to trade lowry, martin, scola, both our picks, maybe even future picks, rights to donuts, marcus morris, dally, chandler parsons.

I'd trade our whole team for dwight and fillers.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

seriously Carl Herrera hasnt chimed in yet especially with the thread title?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

You hope to get Williams. Not a slam dunk or lock by any stretch of the imagination. And same for getting DH.

12. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets almost certainly wouldn't win a Championship during Dwight's only year with the team, yet we would miss out on drafting a decent big who could be blocking shots for us well into the next decade.

13. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

My question is - if the Rockets were reportedly close on a Dwight Howard trade last trading deadline, what was the offer on the table? I am suprised people haven't discussed this that much.

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I said that because he said the only competition would be the Lakers if they offered Bynum. I just pointed out that IF they offered Bynum for DH (I'll admit I didn't think about contract length, although I don't see why Bynum wouldn't want to stay if he wants to be the true centerpiece.) that would beat our offer hands down.

15. megastahr

agree with it would take more than the original proposal...

I think DMO and Parsons are the untouchables in this deal...I think we luck out that camby, dragic and lee are free agents.

We go into next year with:

Dwill (hopefully dragic and 6th man or starting 2g)
    Lee
    Parsons
    Dmo (and free agent PF or scola/ patterson if left)
    Howard / Camby

not to mention that team would easily attract big name free agent veterans like garnett and allen. Theyd prob sign fairly cheap to be apart of that.

So yes I agree...trade just about whatever it takes to land howard.

16. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Yes no slam dunk in getting williams but it raises your chances significantly. Our fall back plan with regards to that is Dragic which isn't half bad. BUT if we do hit jackpot and land howard and williams we are set for the next 5 years. Why would anyone in their right mind not take that risk??????

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

No one knows.

Hell, most people don't even believe the Rockets were close and that it's just the team putting it out there for PR.

18. megastahr

If you get howard in houston and have a reasonable team...I cant imagine any other team being more attractive to dwill...not to mention we can give him the $$$ he wants.

Find me a better free agent landing spot.

19. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I see. If the PR theory is true, that is just a disgrace.

20. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Orlando can have Lowry, Dalembert, Patterson, Morris, and both draft picks for Dwight, just as long as we don't take any bad contracts back from them. I think the plan is to trade Martin for nothing or amnesty him so we can sign Deron. If that's the plan, we can't take back any bad contract.