1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey's Dwight Howard Package

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jun 7, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

That too. Ready for a fresh start, money be damned.

2. Raven

Raven Member

Dear Morey, give up your Dwight Howard fetish and focus on drafting Meyers and Perry.

Or Drummond.

Or Henson.

:)

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Dear Morey,

Ignore Raven. Trade for Dwight and DWill will come.

1 person likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dear Magic,

Get your %$#@ together.

:)

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Dear Morey,
    Read my sig.

Sicerely,
    Coach;)

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Dear Morey,

Do not trade for Dwight Howard. He'll get us on TV for a year. That's it. Don't go on with your, "That 5th year of big money is hard for a player to turn down," and your, "Texas has no state tax," and your, "Kevin McHale knows how to coach bigs" (although, "Olajuwon can coach you up during the summers" is a good selling point).

A year from now, it'll go like this:

You, Dwight, Courtney Lee, Fegan playing poker. McHale looking on.

You: "So, wanna stay with the Rockets?" (puts down cards) "Flush. To the jack! Ha ha!"

Dwight: (puts down cards) "Flush....to the queen."

You, Courtney, McHale: "You da man! You da man!"

Fegan: "See, Daryl? I told you you'll always lose at poker."

You: "What does that mean?"

Dwight: "Uh, I gotta go to the restroom." (points at Fegan as he ducks out of room)

You: (yelling at departing Dwight) "No, stay here so we can suck up some more."

McHale: "Daryl, I wasn't sucking up."

You: (sotto voce) "Then you aren't doing your job!"

Fegan: "Daryl, my client has decided to take his talents elsewhere."

You: "Well, great. I had to go to the restroom also, but I just **** myself, so....does anyone have a KFC towelette?"

Courtney Lee: (yelling in direction of departed Howard) "YOU F***** ME! YOU F***** ME!"

I would say, Trade for Dwight if you think you can trade him in a year and net more than you gave away to get him, but we'd probably still be left with Hedo Turkoglu.

Signed,
    DON'T DO IT

7. Raven

Raven Member

Here's another far more likely scenario, Dwight re-signs and then pouts until the Rockets trade him to LA or NY.

Which would effectively set the franchise back years.

The Dwight kool aid must be poured into the sink. There are players in the draft who are 1. gettable 2. have high ceilings, and 3. address specific team needs. There is no excuse for not making a run at Meyers, Drummond, Perry, Henson, or maybe even Barnes. Hell, Fab Melo would be worth a look, and he's probably going to still be on the board at 14.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I've been tough on Morey, but if he gets Howard,all is forgiven.

9. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

The idea of getting Howard, and maybe surrounding him with a couple of pretty good players, and convincing him to say, seems pretty exciting. OTOH, we could probably turn those assets into four 1st-rounders and a 2nd-rounder or two, and I bet a couple of those would be pretty good players. So, I'd forget Howard if he didn't give us an extension.

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

#270 JoeBarelyCares, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  11. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

I'd wonder if this trade would work.....

Houston In:

Dwight/Turk/Derrick William + 18th 1st rd + 10 2nd rd pick (Salary: 33.7M)

Houston out:

Kmart/Scola/Dalembert/Patterson/Lowry + 14 & 16 pick (Salary 34.4M)

Mini IN

Kmart (Salary 11.5M)

Mini Out

Derek Williams/W.Johnson/Wellington/M.Lee + 18th 1st rd pick (Salary 10.3 + undercap)

Portland In
    Lowry + Wafer +16th 1st rd pick +19th pick 2nd rd (Salary 6.8M)

Portland Out
    W. Mathews + 6th & 11th 1st rd pick & 10th 2nd rd pick (6.1M)

Orlando In
    Scola/Dalembert/W.Matthews/W.Johnson/Patterson/Wellington/M.Lee + 6/11/14 1st rd pick (salary 28.9M)

Orlando Out
    Dwight/Turk/Wafer (salary 30.2M)

Orlando does this because they get good players back and tons of picks and cap flexibility . I think the salaries all work out and the picks are good. It might seem like a lopsided trade but Orlando has a bunch of free agents this year and with this trade they will have only 14 players on the roster. Plus they get salary relief and great draft picks to rebuild.. with the trade they can also, keep their amensity who they can use on Big Baby or Richardson a few smaller contracts can get bought out which would allow them roster room to sign their 3 draft picks.

Houston does this because they want a star, Dwight. We lose Lowry but we still have Dragic whom I believe we would be able to resign as well as Lee with a few other smaller moves afterwards. We take on Turks contract but we loose martin for a young PF/SF. We still have a great cast with
    PG: Dragic/Open
    SG: Lee/Bud
    SF: Parson/D.William/Turk
    PF: Morris/William/Smith
    C: Dwight/Camby/Smith

Blazer do this because they want a better PG and lowry is on their radar. They have multiple draft picks which would help us get dwight. They loose a SG whom they got out of no where so they would be selling high on him. For them to get Lowry they don't pay much. Essentially they get Lowry for a second rd pick (matthews) and a 1st rd pick. The trade seems like they give up 2 picks but they get a lower pick back from the rockets and they get back a 2rd pick. All in all they get Lowry for the cost of a second rd pick which basically mathews is.

Mini Does this because they want a SG. They really need one to play off of K. Love and Rubio. They 2 are the real foundation so they wont be afraid to trade some of their assets away. Derrick could easily be switch with someone else Ie: Peklovic or Beasly but I think Derrick is the expendable. They need a C to play with Love and Beasley is a restricted Free agent.

Seems like a lot but would that make us better ? I dunno

#271 phantoman, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  12. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Lay off the homerism bro...Portland gets Lowry for their starting 2 and a couple lottery picks...sounds like a great deal

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Finally, Orlando has found a new GM. Let the bidding war begin!