1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey's 9 year plan is now an abortion.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fansince80, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

That book smart dumb ass is now damaging the Rocket brand.

He should get fired somewhere between the last shot tonight and the post game press conference.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its ok, he'll chase after another big name FA cancer like Melo and rebuild or strike out.

3. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

We just need to draft a 6'8" forward and everything will be fine.

1 person likes this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

God, I have to wait until early July for free agent signings before you douchers are proved wrong. And even if we signed Kevin Durant, ya'll would still be taking a s*** on Morey for something.

5. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

Oh yeah....Top free agents are lining up outside of Oracle to catch a ride back to Houston on the team plane as we speak.

This thing has cratered, people.

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

This season was crappy. But keep some perspective, we had our best season in twenty years just last year. Not like it has been all failure.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Morey wanted to build a golden state . His owner didn't let that happen . All Morey did for us was take a risk on Yao tmac and Ron . If you have that kind of talent you take a shot . Then rebuilt quickly while not tanking . Got another top 5 player . Signed a marquee free agent , it hasn't quite worked out . A large factor in that has been health ( dwights decline ) maybe this was too risky .

The only thing you can criticize Morey for is taking risks . In reality you guys would b**** just as much if he had not taken those risks .

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not sure why Morey is going to and is getting so much heat. He brought back a team that went to the WCF and the coach that up until that point had the ear of the players.

I've played ball a lot and the issue is 100% with the relationships and chemistry of the players. There is very little Morey or really McHale could do to prevent the eventual meltdown of Harden and Howard's relationship.

Should have traded Dwight Howard for anything they could get at the deadline honestly. Breaking these two up before the playoff run would have been the only shot at getting some sort of continuity.

Yeah Morey deserves criticism for bad moves but overall he's still a good GM. He deserves a chance to clean up this summer. If he believes this same core group can win next year and brings everybody Back than he's gotta go but that's not the case I'm 99% positive.

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Yes. By giving him more GM powers than any GM I can recall, his owner didn't let it happen. Screw Les, but man, you have to jump through some hoops for that. He didn't let him tank, which is about all I can say. Morey has had control over the personnel, the offense (he has never played the game), and the bobblehead coaches he likes to puppeteer. So get outa here with that nonsense.

10. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This Les Alexander's plan that Daryl Morey was ordered to execute.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The fact that it was our best season in 2 decades tells you all you need to know about how pathetic this franchise has been under Les. Honestly this is more on him than Morey. He has no clue how to run this organization. Everything is about making a splash with big name free agents or big name coaches. He has no long-term vision for this team.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Next thread

I Have Grown to HATE Daryl Moranic

13. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Daryl deserves the chance to redeem himself but if it doesn't work out I would say it's getting close for a change. Analytics has not been kind to us lately.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

You're an idiot. You really think THIS roster was his master plan? It's well documented his dream is to get a trio of stars. He thought he had star #3 in Bosh but he left us at the altar and put us in a terrible position (Parsons, Lin, Asik already gone for little in return). The plan remains and is still a great plan. Execution of it though is much harder.

The only reason he didn't blow up this roster in the last offseason is because they made the Western Conference Finals for the first time in 18 years.

15. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You just called someone an idiot while thinking a 3rd star (it could have been Melo) would have prevented this.

I mean, 85 games...do you still not understand the problems with this team?

Are you really dense enough to believe its 3 stars and game over?

Glance over the 3s we've made and listen to the most watermelon head of analysts ---even they're getting it right.

16. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

No doubt, this roster looks terrible...

But once again, everyone was calling him a genius at the outset of the season. I don't think I can name one person who was like "OH NO WE SIGNED TY LAWSON!" or even "WHY DID YOU RESIGN COREY BREWER!!!". This has been a horrific single season. If Morey has proven anything, its that he makes up for his mistakes quickly. I highly doubt Morey will ever again just "keep the core together" ever again.

In terms of coaching, some serious issues here. I still think Les has a lot to do with this, but still if it is Morey puppeteering the coaching staff, he needs to stop yesterday.

But yeah, his 9 year plan hardly failed, but after this horrific season we deserve some ******** light at the end of the tunnel. Hire a REAL coach, Messina or at least JVG with some real assistants, and overhaul the roster.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

This.

And this.

I just hope Le$ doesn't **** up everything, a lot of people here seems to not know how it feels to have a mediocre or terrible gm...beware of what you ask...

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Morey didn't do anything right!

19. split41

split41 Member

While this season has been a disaster, I think Morey is one of the rare talents we have working for the rox. He had a great season last year, got us Harden, and assembled a roster that was able to get to the WCF.

I think he should get to ride out the Harden era, but if it doesn't look good in a couple years it might be time for a change.

20. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Fck Les, I still believe in Morey.