1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moreygate: Congressional Letter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Oct 9, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

they have the right to uphold US constitution. while China has no right to do the opposite

fattz, Tfor3 and Plowman like this.
  2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Slick and dubious

Senators McDonalds sells in Xingjiang, so is KFC, GM, are you not calling them out

where were you on the oil money, that dirty drilling in Middle East where people not even allowed to have consensual sex before marriage.

why the F NBA.

easy political score and you don’t give two fxxk about NBA coz they don’t sway your political capital like GM does.

daywalker02 and BaselineFade like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is precisely what the NBA wasn’t about, burning bridges, they used to build ones.

I still do not see basketball overtaking soccer worldwide, now they will be focusing on the latter more.

Unfortunately. This just prolongs ppl talking about politics and not b-ball.

YallMean likes this.
  4. YallMean

YallMean Member

what part of constitution they are upholding? Is Morey being persecuted under the law for what he said. Moronic stuff like this really ticks me off.

5. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

As a foreigner you guys should be proud of that response. I don't expect Silver to have the balls to do any of it but still impressive.

6. vlaurelio

upholding morey's right to free speech

they want nba to remind china that they stand by morey's free speech and that no one can be fired or retailiated upon based on free speech

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

the problem is there are a million of other things they should be worried about over this and they either don’t care or those are not for them to score. What’s wrong with Silver handling this?

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Rivers : free speech is not free of consequences. Free speech is not in jerapody here. You can call out your boss is a private business and he/she can fire you. There is no constitution to be upheld sorry.

9. vlaurelio

did Morey make disparaging remarks against Tilman or Silver?

or are you sayin China is the morey's, tilmans, silvers and NBA's boss?

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

i am saying what part of constitution says you can make a permitted free speech - free from consequences other than being persecuted by the government?

11. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Those other business entities don't fit the narrative. The narrative has to be F the NBA and specifically Kerr, Pop and LeBron for having the nerve to speak up for "social justice", or other issues involving minorities in their own country. This is payback. Make no mistake about it.

If the NBA is smart, they will reject anything coming out of congress or the white house. Just flat out ignore them. If the NBA gets sucked further into this it will only give political points to some of the biggest hypocrites and cowards on this planet.

I've been asking the same question about other companies, politicians ECT who will continue to make money in China without the public shaming. No one can give a straight answer because when politics and narratives are involved the rest is just bulls**t.

Miracle, jcf and YallMean like this.
  12. vlaurelio

congress clearly said based on the constitution morey cannot be fired by the NBA for what he said in particular. do you agree with that? yes or no?

and that was a request by congress with no consequences or retaliation if no action was taken by the NBA

not a demand like China asking for action for something perfectly legal in US and international law from the NBA and retaliating if their demands are not met

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

show me where did congress say that? And is Morey being fired by NBA? Who is firing Morey from NBA. Have China or Yao call for Morey to be fired? All they said so far is an apology from NBA. This thing is going down the spiral at the moment because of all of these ideological nonsense, both sides.

#33 YallMean, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  14. vlaurelio

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

So you just point me to that letter? Did you read it?

Slick and dubious ... they dance around with words power, principle, condition to be silenced. yes highlight for me where they clearly said " based on the constitution morey cannot be fired by the NBA for what he said in particular"

What part of the constitution say one cannot be fired if he/she cost the company 4 billion dollars due to his/her behavior?

16. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

After all, soccer is a Europe-dominated sport.

NBA was the only major american sport league that got somewhere internationally. And now that's gone.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Europe and South America were the best at it but Asia can most def generate interest there.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Then China should develop its own good leagues in football and basketball. Why not?

If they want to start broadcasting UEFA and CL, similar things and even worse can happen and will happen sooner or later.

Because americans are extremely well behaved sports fans under strict control. They don't even have hooligans.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

2nd largest market for basketball. They love it, overtaking soccer to become the #1 sport in the country. No other place in the world taking Basketball that seriously outside the US, except for Lithuania.

Oh, well, but let's fight for our ideological principle over things we don't exactly understand.

20. malakas

malakas Member

What about a China dominated popular team sport?

If I was chinese, I would care more to develop basketball and football in my own country than worry about the nba.