1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey - Words vs Actions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, May 24, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think they are the only two on the team currently that "COULD" develop into the alpha dog, yes.

They have the skillset to do it, and AB IMO, is closer than CBud.

Does that mean they will do it? Nope.......not at all, but Bosh doesn't have it, or hasn't shown it yet.

Yao, doesn't either.....

There are very few superstar players that have it right now......even Boston when they won did not have that type of player......

Neither Garnet, Allen or Pierce could lead a team anywhere, you needed all 3.....

That is my point, if you gut the team to get someone like Bosh, you are treading water....if you get him for pieces like:

Jeffries & Scola and some picks, then SURE do it....

DD

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Reaching? Since when did you ever let stuff like statistics or reality get in the way when you wage your annual attention-whorish offseason hissyfit, about how the Rockets MUST keep [DaDakota Favorite] and MUST get rid of [guy who takes minutes from DaDakota Favorite]. I mean you just basically just like to make stuff up, does it really matter what the stats say?

His career true shooting percentage is .538. Aaron Brooks? a whopping .538.

Unsurprisingly the rockets are significantly more efficient on offense and defense when he is on the court, than off it - you can't say the same for Brooks. Probably because he is being replaced by Lowry.

I don't actually recall Lowry in the playoffs this year - why was that? Oh yeah, because the "stand pat" crew is a lottery team.

3. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

If Brooks is our Alpha dog, and we are not looking to improve then we are looking at a mediocre team like last years. No knock on Brooks but he is a Robin (to a Batman) at best on a contender. You have to begin with the stars before building. If you don't have them, you keep looking. You don't stand pat.

4. DaDakota

LOL - what dribble.....

Yao was out, or did you fail to notice?

Bosh is not a Batman either......but if you get enough Robins you can win too.

Boston did it and so did Detroit....

DD

5. verse

verse Contributing Member

Depressing = re-signing Yao to large $.

As long as the above statement is true, this franchise will be hamstrung. The acquisition of Bosh would make us better...no doubt in my mind about that. But the expulsion of Yao and a subsequent move to acquire one more major player (mobile, complete big man) and G/SF threat (arguably Chase could become that), is what is required to put us in the Celtics/Lakers strata. Until these these things happen...even with a 100% healthy Yao, we'll at best be the 80s/90s Hawks or Cavaliers - strong enough to make a little noise, but not complete enough to get past the true elite with true elite players.

#105 verse, May 24, 2010
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  6. DaDakota

Tell ya what, trade Yao for Bosh = problem solved.

;)

DD

7. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Maybe Bosh isn't a Batman either but he is definitely a Robin at least. Yao, Bosh, Brooks, Martin.... this sounds like Boston and Detroit like you say.

8. SupermanSK

SupermanSK Contributing Member

Worst case.......we'll probably just add Brad Miller and our pick in the draft...whatever pick it is depending on if we move up. Resign Scola and Lowry....

I dont have a problem with that.... :cool:

9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'd rather wait with the young guns maturing. Imagine, Bud, Lowry, AB, JT, Hill, in their late 20's. Along with a maturing Ariza and Kmart. Our 1, 2, and 3 would be murder's row everynight.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No but apparently you did because you believe that the Rockets should rely on him returning so he can be the Bill Cartwright to your versions of Pippen and Jordan, Chase Budinger and Aaron Brooks.

I hope this thread keeps going so that you say more and more stupid things that we will quote for years to come. It will be especially fun to bump when you start whining in May if the Rockets are chasing a playoff seed about how Kevin Martin "has reached his ceiling" so Adelman "rest him up for the playoffs" and should "develop" Budinger.

The Chase Budinger as franchise player meme is quite good. Another in a line of great white hopes for DaDakota - inheriting the mantle of Dan Langhi, Bostjan Nachbar, and Steve Novak .

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I can't believe you forgot Greek-Mac.

12. DaDakota

Hey look another moronic leap of thought post where Sam Fisher takes what someone says extrapolates it to the Nth degree and tries to make it fit.

YAWN !!!

Not what I said Sam.....and the bit about the great white hope, typical classless posting from you.

Weaksauce.....

DD

13. Raven

Raven Member

While I'm sold on getting Bosh, I also think his price will be too high. There are simply too many teams that want him. I am preparing myself, in fact, for another year of re-building. Resign everyone and just wait it out. Let Bosh go somewhere else, keep your assets, and see what opportunities pop up at the deadline.

And I like Brooks, but let's not get carried away over his potential. Same with Chase. Same with Jordan Hill. They are all pieces to the puzzle, but eventually the Rockets are going to need a healthy top ten player if they want to win a championship.

14. DaDakota

EXACTLY - rep earned....for a forward thinking, and intelligent post.

DD

15. DaDakota

You may be correct, but all I am saying is that they might develop into that, all of them have unique skills which cause a mismatch every night in the NBA.

Brooks Speed is unmatched and he is just now learning how to change speeds - gonna be fun to watch him go and he is already a 20ppg scorer in the NBA.

Budinger - One of the best off the ball players I have seen come into the league in a while, smart, athletic and can shoot - a rarity in today's NBA.

Hill - His quickness is off the hook it is such a major advantage to be quick and tall, if he works hard, his upside is probably better than both Budinger and Brooks.

Will they develop into Superstar players.....who knows? But they could.

DD

16. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Rep because you agree with me! This reputation system has gone down the drain pretty quickly.

17. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Your team will not go far if Brooks is the leading scorer. His numbers were vastley inflated due to our open offensive schemes.

18. DaDakota

No, rep because he understands more than just what is in front of his face, and is taking a longer term view of the situation, which is exactly what I am talking about doing.

I think Yao's situation forces the team to stay pat this year and see if they have to rebuild starting NEXT year......

And, IMO, you stand pat unless something falls into your lap you can't pass up.

Bosh, while an upgrade over Luis, is not necessarily a MAJOR upgrade, their numbers are fairly close, especially when you consider that Bosh would be in the $20 million a year range while Luis will be less than half of that.

You have no proof, I can say just the opposite.....just opinion.

DD

19. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Bosh is a major upgrade to Scola! He is a better defender, better rebounder, better shooter, and is a legit 7 footer!

20. arjun

arjun Member

do you guys want to be stuck as an average team to keep "hard-working" players that just arent that talented?