1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Should "Just Say No" to Melo!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gary Vance, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Hball

Hball Member

I think they forget that this is actually basketball and not the election, a guy like artest wouldn't be considered "classy" but he was a vital part to the lakers championship guarding pierce in the finals.

Which is why I don't see the big deal about a guy's character off the court as long as he helps the team win on the court.

2. phidz_deedz

phidz_deedz Member

Go get Melo.... Dont worry... he's an All Star and after a few weeks/months he will again insist to be traded....

3. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Carmelo doesn't have a Rockets attitude. Carmelo too Rockets=epic fail. Can't put it any simpler. People thought McGradys attitude was crap at times.
    Wait to you get a load of Carmelo and his entourage. Look at the crap he's pulling on Denver do you really want that guy.

He can take his little hollywood wanna be act somewhere else. I' d be disgusted if we gave up anything more than a bag of chips for this guy in a sign and trade.

4. dragonz

dragonz Member

Noooooooooooooooooo MeeeeeeeeeeelOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I'm usually against trading for the big name, but given the right deal, I could see us going for Melo.

That being said it has to be the right deal, I wouldn't give up more then one first round pick, Brooks, Budinger and Hill for Melo and scraps however. Nor would I want him if he signed a MAX extension with Denver before being traded. But if we can get him for the right price, two players and a pick, I'd accept that.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

epic fail is right... :rolleyes:

7. Coherent

Coherent Member

We are not going to win a championship with just Martin, Brooks and role players. We can be optimistic all we want about Yao, but face it, when a 7 foot man gets a ankle or knee injury, that is it, there career is all but over ala Ralph Sampson. Yao will play 30 mins a game tops next season, and will only average maybe 16ppg.

If I were Morey, I would cash Yao out now while we can. Get him as healthy as possible, and hope a team that needs cap relief bites on him. Gather a draft pick or a few prospects for him, then put a package together for an All-star like Paul, Nash, or Melo.

Without an All-star, a team is not gonna make a run in the playoffs, let alone the finals. Melo is our last chance at an All-star since all of them are in Miami or on winning teams.

If we could get a playmaker I'd be happy, but I'd take Melo too.