1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey should be fired according to Kobe

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Are you seriously laughing at Rockets fans when you're on the record saying that Rudy Gay is on an equal level as Kevin Durant?? And your comment isn't even accurate......Roy was our top choice. Once he went off the board, the Rockets went in a more veteran direction with Battier, as opposed to going after Thabo Sefolosha (Rudy Gay was NEVER going to be a Rocket) in the draft.

2. what

what Member

Amazing! you rockets fans have turned this thread into a martyrdom of rocket pride; while pushing aside all logic. The powers of displacement on this rocket board is breathless and deft.

3. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Battier made more sense at the time.

Had Yao stayed healthy, Battier may have helped us win a ship.

I would rather have Battier's defense alongside Yao/McGrady/etc than Gay's offense.

4. dd89

dd89 Member

[​IMG]

5. Nook

Nook Member

What we have learned...... Grizz = title contenders ....... Gay > KD ....... Houston < Memphis..... you are cheap and like unattractive chicks....

Carry on......

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You still haven't answered my question.

You proposed that GMs in this league who missed on talent should be fired, so are you saying every GM in this league should be fired?

7. what

what Member

no actually what happen was that you decided that to question morey's decision to let a talent walk that I was suggesting that every gm in the league needs to be fired. that's the utter ridiculousness that morey nut-huggers hold in esteme. You first believed that you could pin me down by attacking wallace, but when I showed you the grizzlies thread where I had beat you to the punch, then it turned into EVERY gm has missed out on talent.

Oh but it gets better, even before that: it was we let lin walk because we already had Flynn under contract. hahahahah Boy this thread runs deep.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

His response would be "but, but, but... Morey had Lin in camp for 10 days and still missed!"

This, of course, is nonsense. 10-days of training camp ain't **** especially when the team's focus (as McHale admitted) was to get the returning rotation ready for regular season action in a hurry. Real life is not NBA 2K, players don't walk around with ratings written on their forehead.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Kobe is a douche... somebody should break his nose...

10. Nook

Nook Member

You still did not answer the question, so at this point I am assume you don't know.

11. what

what Member

actually might point all along was to laugh at the way rockets fans blame everybody but themselves and their esteem leader for the diabolical that was Jeremy Lin. It reminded me of the same people who argue that Battier trade was justifiable because Gay was never the target it was Roy. It's actually quite humorous.

Why would I want morey fired? I love that a clueless GM is in our (the grizzlies) division.

12. alethios

alethios Member

Apparently, Kobe thinks he would be a better GM than Kupchak. Like MJ was with the Wizards. Ball don't lie.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This is what you said.

I'm not putting words in your mouth nor am I twisting your words. Your logic is that GMs should be fired if they missed out on talent, which means every GM in this league should be fired.

Yes or no?

14. alethios

alethios Member

That's coming in the 2013 season...only it will be RFID chips with LEDs :grin:

15. what

what Member

name me one bad more sam presti has done. or larry bird? or Gregg Popovich and Buford.

I don't answer the question because like everything else in here it is based on idiot logic.

16. alethios

alethios Member

Hmmm, yeah, if we had kept Lin, we would have a winning record right now...oh, wait

17. what

what Member

your premise is that every gm has missed out on talent. prove it.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Pop/Buford: Richard Jefferson sure didn't work out very well. Trading Scola for Spanoulis in order to dump Jackie Butler's mistake contract.

Presti: Does the Perskins contract look great to you now?

Larry Bird: Jamaal Tinsley being signed to a 6-year deal.

19. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Chris Wallace: Hasheem Thabeet (2nd, 2009), traded Kevin Love for OJ Mayo, the Pau Gasol trade.

20. what

what Member