1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey says Rockets "have something up [their] sleeve"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 13, 2017.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Basically what I've learned since May is the grass is truly always greener with Clutchfans.

2. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

theres not much else players can go by. The only other thing is star power and clearly advantage Houston

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

theres plenty to go by. system, coaches, city, ties to other people on the team.

advantage hou in star power? last i checked hou only has 1. don't see this clear advantage there.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

something to not make Harden quit in game 6?

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

GET DOWN, LET'S BOOGIE

Brown Lost It likes this.
  6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm pretty down on the Rockets; no great young assets, cap space tied up on slightly above average role players, a regular season coach that doesn't make good adjustments in the playoffs.

pippendagimp likes this.
  7. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

8. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

We SHOOT the threes. Making them is a totally different story

9. markelliott1997

Wait, did you really just say the PELICANS FOR A CHIP? FOH

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

DM gets the benefit of the doubt in my book. He knows this is the biggest test of his tenure. Even bigger than the need to get something of value for McGrady's corpse or the need to get off of the treadmill and find a franchise player (Harden trade) or the need to land a marquee free agent (Dwight).

He's been tested before and succeeded. Sure, there have been a few bumps along the way, but let's be real: he's pulled a rabbit out of a hat before. Let's see if he can do it again.

11. caneks

caneks Rookie

Morey, our first option Harden is 10% less in FG% than any of those final teams. How could we have any chance over a 7 game series?

12. Lightsnowaction

I feel Morey is in denial or smoking something good.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know, read it again and you tell me.

14. Ibaka

Ibaka Member

The only thing Morey has up his sleeve is a hamburger and fries.Only a miracle will allow the Rockets to beat Golden State in a 7 game series.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Cavs can't get Blake, he's a FA.

Also, would the Pacers want Love? That's a question for them to ask. If you are rebuilding (and the Pacers COULD go that route) you don't want to take on a near 30 year old player. He really does nothing for them, no one is going to go to Indy to play with Kevin Love. They'll just continue to be mediocre...but since many teams in the east strive for mediocrity they could. Also, PG value is not going to be that high with one year on his contract. It's unlikely they get an all-star player back for him. These trades rarely happen.

Oddsmakers only go by today. They have no idea what will happen 4 months from now and then the odds will change, won't they?

Well, those teams leak. Rockets rarely do. When the Rockets make a big move it often comes out of the blue and out of nowhere. Dwight really wasn't a rumor since the Rockets had cap space and needed a center and made it clear they would go after him.

Kyrie gets a lot of hype, but he's not better than a handful of players. He takes a bunch of tough jumpshots on ISO plays, doesn't really create for teammates, so this is more of a problem with Kyrie. Love is just Love. If you give Lebron a better runningmate than Kyrie I think this simply doesn't happen.

Great offensive players are not stopped by great defensive players.

This is true, as long as Durant and Curry are healthy they will always have a great shot at winning a championship...still, Iggy does a ton for that team. You aren't replacing that with an over the hill vet on a minimum contract.

If you add Butler and Griffin to the Rockets they could beat the Warriors. This won't happen, but that trio, surrounded by shooters, would be just as good as the Warriors.

I think the mistake being made here is underplaying just how great a player Harden is. He's missing some things, ALL GREAT players are. You simply look for those things in other players that are great. You add Butler's tougness and defense and Blake's pure skill to a guy like Harden who has outplayed Curry multiple times in matchups and I think you have a team that can beat the Warriors.

It's really not about the W/L record and more how the games went. If Harden had any help in the WCF years ago they would have beaten the Warriors then.

Harden on a team that had basically quit had stolen a win from the Warriors in the 16 playoffs. I don't know, I don't see them as being MILES away as better. I see the Rockets as being a player or two behind. That's all.

It's like I'm saying, The Rockets are a lot closer to this then people realize. Whether it be Paul George or someone else, if they can find a way to add a big name talent to their team they are going to be that much closer, leaps and bounds better than they are now...and right now they are better than all but what....3 or 4 teams in the league?

Think about that. Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, then who? I don't even want to hear an argument that a team with a lesser record was better than the Rockets because of reasons. They are in a much better place than nearly the entire league, they are not a team filled with scrub players. They are a team that needs that one big move to put them over the hump and brings them from being a B tier team to an A tier team...

16. Lightsnowaction

Or even see the Warriors in the WCF first. The Spurs still exist.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Morley just talking shyt.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, no one is saying it will be easy.

Rockets, as constructed, isn't going to do it.

Morey is going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat certainly, but....at the same time, the Rockets are in as good a position as any team in the league not named the Cavs.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

morey would need something up both sleeves just to get passed the spurs.

you dont wanna know where he'd need to hide something to get passed the warriors.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

@Pen15clubber

MorningZippo and Pen15clubber like this.