1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey: Please Keep this Core - They're Building Something Special

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clarinetmonster, Feb 3, 2014.

1. fluors

fluors Member

Thanks for reading it. I am new here as well so I reckon that's why the newbies are more willing to wait and be patience with the current roster, because newbies sometimes see things from a different perspective, I think, than long-time Rocket fans. I still don't quite understand this Championship or Bust collective thinking present on this forum and in the local media. Howard isn't going anywhere; he's happy here. Harden certainly isn't going anywhere. Rockets are blessed with two superstars on this team, several budding young stars, and several excellent role players. And if the current roster intact for a year or two, team chemistry will continue to improve. I live in Louisiana and I love the Pelicans and the Saints. So trust me, I know how to be patient. Tyson Chandler (Hornets) was my favorite player and when he ended up in New York, I followed him and became a Knicks fans. That's how I came to know and love Jeremy Lin. When Hurricane Katrina struck the city of New Orleans and the Hornets moved to Oklahoma City, I fell in love with the city and continued to watch the Oklahoma City Thunder even after the Hornets relocated back to New Orleans. That's how I came to know and love James Harden. When both of them ended up on in Houston, I became a huge Rockets fan overnight and haven't missed a game since. Nor do I intend to.

2. fattz

fattz Member

Harden is a super star and all... but I just don't think he is THE player to build around, IMO (just something about him). Howard is 1/3 the cap space and health. Lin is Lin. Parsons will be over paid soon (like Scola was). Asik is hurt / sits out. Jones is growning in something specail - as is DMo. Bev can't score but is a soild player - they are all soild players.

I would like to see a trade of Harden or Howard for a better 'fitting' super star or 2 maybe 3 budding stars (Lowry / Lawson types) to go with the core that is left. Then let that team grow together. We are close but not there. All the pieces don't go together yet.

3. AVoiceInACrowd

Your logic is flawed. Being part of the core doesn't always mean being 1st or 2nd option on offense. Look at Indiana and Chicago. Both their centers are core players but neither of them are in the top 3 on their team in scoring. If Lin started as point guard for either team, they would still be playoff teams.

And no, I'm not saying Lin is a great player. What I'm saying is your statement is erroneous.

4. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Lol ok, lets trade one or both of our 2 best players. Do you miss the days when we had no superstar? Geez, you guys will never be happy.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Harden's only 24, he hasn't even reached his prime yet. Scola wasn't overpaid, 9M for him was reasonable.

You can't trade Howard because he chose to come here, it will generate ill will to the Rox the guy we trade him for won't resign with us. I don't see how the team can't grow together as is, we are one of the youngest teams in the league as is, you don't even know how good guys like Harden or Parsons or even Lin will become.

6. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

People who are obsessed with a 3rd star understand that Dwight and Harden are not good enough to get it done, regardless of who our role players are.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's not about getting a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th star or whatever. It's about getting the best basketball players available under the circumstances. Why would a team not look to get better players if they are available?

8. munco

munco Member

your thoughts are nice and all but it's also absurd. some guys are not the right fit for the team at this time. for example i love lin but for us he's a 13/4 guy and on another team he'd probably be a 18/8 guy. why not trade him and get a guy that's a better fit for us. same goes for d-mo and tjones. love them both, but one of them probably has to go for the betterment of the team.