1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on 790 and 610 to talk about Chandler Parsons leaving

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rock3t Man, Jul 14, 2014.

1. houactuar

houactuar Member

I'm sure les said no. And I think Morey was ok with it. I think les would say yes if he thought parsons was legit and not simply overpaid. Paying $45m dollars for parsons who may not even make the team better? Seems like a no brainer to not match especially with poison pills and not being able to make a change if things not working out.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Im sick of Morey almost as much as McHale. I think that Parsons was the only guy to call out Harden when he wasn't trying and that created a tension.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dwight called out Harden all the time.

4. doogiehwsr

doogiehwsr Member

Nice quote, and I agree with him about Parsons, but the contracts we've given to Ariza after two career seasons (with one largely just being a playoff run) and the contract we gave Lin after releasing him don't speak very well about his record...

5. TheJet

TheJet Member

And he did it on the court. IMO he should do it more often. James could ignore Chandler. Hard to brush off an accomplished player like Howard.

6. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

We talkin Lin or Parsons? I think you switched it up on me...

I hear what you are saying and I agree, I think they took a calculated risk on Parsons market value and it bit them. Ariza does give you something very similar to Parsons so its not a total lost. Then we have to see what moves DM makes with the cap space we have. At that time I will judge the Parsons move. Until then, jury is still out...

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He sort of called out Parsons as well.

He gave that interview (I started the thread on it so I remember!) where he said directly "The defensive issues start on the perimeter."

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Parsons? What about Harden?

DD

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Now if the foundation can stop throwing around "singles", maybe then, we may have a chance at building around them. Our stars need maturity and seriousness. Their lack of it has caused other stars to look past them.

10. justtxyank

My point was that it was about both of them.

It's no secret that Harden was horrible on defense.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Morey was talking out of his @$$ on that radio interview. The way he talked about defense and Harden in the same conversation was just unbelievably bull****... **** this guy....

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

really?

Richard Jefferson, Gary Neal, George Hill ... they discard them too until they find those that fit

and they just happen to have the GOAT coach

still they dominate in the regular season and win the championship every decade or so

13. justtxyank

I don't believe this to be the case at all.

Chris Bosh said he believed himself to be the missing piece in Houston, so he obviously believed in the other two stars already here.

He just didn't care enough to walk away from somewhere north of $30 million.

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Lol.. take a step back from the keyboard and calm down.

15. justtxyank

What do you mean? He didn't say Harden was a good defender. In fact, he said in order to be a good defense with Harden on the floor you needed a really good defender next to him.

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

r****d confirmed

It was pretty clear Morey added Ariza to HELP with the 0 defense Harden plays.
    Parsons regressed on defense so he couldnt cover/help Harden hence why he added Ariza. Stop and think before you post

17. DaDakota

How about DEMANDING that Harden play defense too?

DD

18. SaFe

SaFe Contributing Member

Let's be real here, Spur's did not all of a sudden "have their core". Other then Duncan... Parker was a late first round pick and Ginobili was a late second round pick. Neither of their stats the first few years blew anyone away, in fact their stats from the first couple of years are quite comparable to Lin and Parsons.

The difference is that they made it a point to teach these players to play within the system, to be professional, to improve year by year, to be accountable for their mistakes. Compare that to how our team is run?!? We are so starstruck with Harden that we can't even bring ourselves to criticize him for his selfish plays and no defense; the harshest thing our coach ever muttered his way was 'The ball is sticky'...

Truth is we are going nowhere fast, and other players are noticing. Some have already bailed and nobody is really volunteering to come join us. Our only hope right now is that we somehow miraculously over perform next year and make some noise in the playoffs. It's sad and pitiful state the current Rockets are in... and Morey is the biggest culprit.

2 people like this.
  19. DaDakota

Yes, yes, a million times yes.

No loyalty given = no loyalty earned.

DD

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Let's hope he will address that right away. Harden needs to work his butt off before the season begins.