1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on 790 and 610 to talk about Chandler Parsons leaving

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rock3t Man, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Taken out of context that quote sounds very arrogant, but in reality it wasn't. It wasn't actually a shot at the Mavericks as much as it was a praise of the Spurs.

3. Moleb

Moleb Member

I'm glad morey is our gm & not the majority of you guys on cf who are so emotional.

2 people like this.
  4. Remii

Remii Member

What a load of crap...

5. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

It is a stupid quote. You don't say that if you're the GM. That will come back to haunt him. He took it personal and it showed. He needs to go.

6. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Spoken like a true fan who lets his emotions get the best of him. If you compare Morey's tenure to other GMs, I mean really compare his moves to others, and what he's done for the team (compared to where it started, pure crap)...it is downright amazing.

I blame him for some things, like declining Parsons' option, but other things just aren't always fully in your control. Bosh's last minute change of mind, regardless of all the basketball reasons in the world we could have offered him, is an example of that. Doesn't mean you stop aiming for the fences (though some use different strategies, generally, getting as many stars as possible yields greatest chance of garnering a title).

Don't forget how much luck and fortune matter. Using Mavs as an example is terrible. They've made WAY more terrible mistakes in the last few years than Morey...

7. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Bottom line its about results. Morey is good at spin and constantly reassuring the fan base he has everything under control but Morey CANNOT get a pass if this team fizzles out again this year. If team underachieves again this upcoming season, Les needs to clean house starting with Morey and McHale and not waste anymore time.

8. Convictedstupid

Like paying Parsons the max contract lol.

9. pwnyxpress

I think his relationship with Cuban already isn't that great that he's too worried about insulting Cuban further :p

The bolded is ridiculous though. One of the best GMs in the league; let me know who you want to replace him with.

I also find it laughable that, had Bosh signed, which was sooo close to happening, we'd be here praising Morey like he was the second coming. Go figure. Fickle fans be fickle.

10. pwnyxpress

I think Morey is one of the best GMs in the league, even after this debacle of an offseason. He makes mistakes, but compared to all GMs, just a step ahead. Maybe too smug for his own good at times (probably because he's smarter than almost all GMs and knows it...it's a curse).

That being said, if in a couple of years, Rockets are still first round exits, I expect Morey to go. Not sure his replacement would be much better, but that's the life of being in a position of accountability. Can have all the bad luck in the world and someone still has to take blame; take responsibility, and Les sure ain't firing himself!

11. dtrain0928

dtrain0928 Member

Anyone have the link to the podcast?

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Every once and awhile a thread like this comes around to remind me just how stupid some of the members here are. Like, mind-numbingly so.

1 person likes this.
  13. baubo

baubo Member

Then he should have picked up Parsons team option. I don't see the next Chandler Parsons on the roster.

14. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. Raven

Raven Member

You have to be the one who receives Lin and a first round pick, not the one who overpays him in the first place. :p

16. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

yeah but the spurs find and KEEP their players. morey finds these players and they end up leaving a couple years down the road.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The Spurs have their stars so it makes perfect sense to keep all of their role players.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Says the guy who cried about losing Boki two years before he was out of the NBA.

Do you really believe we would win a championship with Parsons/Harden/Howard and a bunch of draft picks/vets on the minimum? We didn't get close last year with that scenario.

So dramatic:rolleyes:

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Nick Johnson has got the Chandler Parsons