1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on 790 and 610 to talk about Chandler Parsons leaving

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rock3t Man, Jul 14, 2014.

1. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

don't make me shudder with the thought of that insolent know nothing manning the helm

2. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

he was probably talking about a different lebron james. common name.

3. Fantasma Negro

I ****ing hate the way he thinks, well if we strike out we could get LeBron next summer? Wtf you couldn't even land Bosh, you couldn't even land Lowry. Sure the bench and stop living off the Harden trade. He sounds kinda like he's begging for forgiveness.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

I don't know if you realise this yourself but you're the one who often brings race into a topic when there shouldn't be.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

610 is doing a better job than 790.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Damn, he's doubling down on this!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Morey: &quot;You have to be the one to find the Chandler Parsons, not the one that gives the Chandler Parsons the max contracts.&quot;</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/488674738860863488">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's not about race buts it's a coincidence. DD has fell in love with every white SF we've had since Dan Langhi.

1 person likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Well 790 has Adam Clanton and Raheel today.

It's too bad Matt and Adam weren't around anymore.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oh, I smell a new meme. Forever now the Chandler Parsons. :grin:

And yeah, I agree with him on that statement in any case.

10. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I absolutely love this quote. And he is absolutely right.

11. shastarocket

He's basically saying what we have been:

Howard-Harden-Bosh-Chandler makes him worth $15mill, not when the core is Howard-Harden-Chandler

12. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

How much you wanna bet when Parsons contract is up. Morey will be begging at his door step. Lol lip service I dont believe one word. SMH

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You have to understand that 790 is the "Home of the Rockets."

They have to tone it down to a certain extent for fear of much bigger unwanted consequences.

610 has no such thing to worry about.

14. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

if he gets him on a contract reset that properly values him, what's the big deal?

15. shastarocket

no doubt in my mind

16. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

^This.

In a nutshell, Chandler is not worth 15 mil / yr if the core is not a championship core. Had they got bosh or any piece that would put them over the top (top 2 nba team) then parsons would be worth paying any amount, because it is the icing on top of the championship cake.

17. midgetballa624

I only caught some of it so far but it seems like he's saying the same things he did during the 790 interview:

-Didn't think a core of Harden, Howard, Parsons could win championships
    -Thinks that we'll be a better team in next year's playoffs than last year's
    -We have a lot of flexibility now to make a move whether it's during the season or next offseason
    -We're the team to find the "Chandler Parsons" and not the team to limit flexibility by buying those type of players with the max
    -Looked very likely that Bosh was coming here until about the last half hour and the Lin deal was gonna happen regardless of what happened with Bosh
    -Had Bosh come here, Chandler would've been matched 100%

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

Whether true or not, this should never come out of the mouth of a GM who has won 1 series in his 8-year tenure.

Pompous clown needs to learn some humility. He hasn't figured out how to succeed as a GM, don't be giving lessons on the correct rules of GM-ing. Last I checked, Mavs GM has an effing championship ring under his belt.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is there a piece they could get next off-season that would "put them over the top"? Or are we really looking at the 2016 off-season before we can start thinking about contending maybe, if things fall into place just right?

20. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Makes no sense...he was an RFA. If we really wanted him, we would have matched. Now things change and who knows what happens in a few years (see Trevor Ariza), but that quote is a good quote haha.