1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on 610 AM Right Now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocksolid, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Screw 2010. If the Rockets get bounced out of the first round, I think the overhaul should begin immediately this Summer.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'd start the overhaul now; $21,000,000 apparently isn't motivation enough for some players, why would that suddenly change?

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the thing is tell me what other superstar would sign with us?

joe johnson appears to be the best option but even in his best year this year, he looks no better than the tracy mcgrady of last year.

and most of the other superstars want to be the featured guy so if we really want to have a chance at it, we gotta throw them the big bucks along with telling them, hey this is your team.

2 years from now, who knows how good yao will be still?

it appears we're not trading tracy at all and just waiting for him to come off the books in 2010. and who knows what can happen in 2010?

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I agree. You never know with Yao, he may be a 10 ppg in 2010, we just don't know.

But really , who cares about that sumer now? We are not New York or New Jersey. We are a team that wants and has a big shot at a championship in next 2 years.

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

People use the word dominant way too easy these days. I guess they never saw Shaq prime play.

6. t_mac1

the thing is 2 years from now yao will be 29/30. can we really commit max money to him? we don't know about injuries and seeing how he can't fully play an entire season for a while. if we can sign him for less than the max, then obviously it's a no-doubt. but i think yao might sign for less than the max if we can throw more money to sign other players.

7. t_mac1

well JVG said andrew bynum should be an all-star :rolleyes: with his 14ppg.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

JVG says a lot of funny things.

9. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

I don't consider Amare a true superstar...puts up nice offensive, but doesn't play a lick of defense and doesn't seem too interested in team ball.

10. t_mac1

he'd be a perfect fit in adelman's system: PERFECT. defense you can always put a bunch of good defenders around him like we do with yao and tracy.

11. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

good points thr t_mac1

Not sure about Bosh.. but Amare is a strict no-no IMO

That guy wants a team built around him... and he cannot play D at al... the last thing u need on this team is another cry baby earning millions, cribbing about his teammates ... and one more thing ... I don't ever think he will fit in with Yao.. Shaq and Yao are completely different.. no way amare can play with Yao being the center of all attention..

2010 is over-hyped though.. we gotta make some moves before that.. when is durant becoming a free agent?

12. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Bynum has been balling now that he's in a rhythm. I have to say that I like his post game. He's long, he can rebound, he can block, and he can score. Bynum should be an all-star next season.

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Exactly. Amare would be great, because he is so athletic, he can hit those outside jumpers and also drive himself. Landry reminds me of him a little bit, and look how good he is playing under Rick.

JVG said Millsap should be an allstar as well.

Hell, he even mentioned Von Fire.

14. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I don't think playing for 2010 is such a great idea either. Everybody and their dog is going to be chasing LeBron, Bosh, etc. At this point I think it's a crap shoot to see if the Rockets can land one of the big names.

The only thing that's certain is that T-Mac won't be around or he'll be playing for a substantially decreased salary, so the Rockets will have some room to play around with.

15. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I saw Kareem play in his prime, and I'll take Kareem over Shaq any day of the week.

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

So Kareem was dominant too. Yet I don't how in the world you would classify Yao as dominant after seeing those 2.

17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

thanks for the recap, DD

18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Yao has stretches where he's a genuinely dominant player but they're interrupted by stretches of mediocre play. I'm kind of curious to see what happens if the Rockets continue to use him as the focal point of their offense.

Regardless, he's the most dominant, as in the closest thing to dominant, you get in the NBA today at his position.

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

He's the best center in the western conference but there's really not much competition since centers are a dying breed. As for dominant definitely not since he doesn't dominate the defensive end. He stills get outplay by mediocre centers sometimes, fronting defenses still takes him out of the game, and double teams are quite effective against him.

20. FFz

FFz Member

thats how i read it too. I guess i fail too.