1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on 610 AM Right Now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocksolid, Jan 28, 2009.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's a nitpick, but Morey seems to be saying that criticism of McGrady, in general, is overplayed. And he mentioned the Knicks game as an example.

Your transcription implied he was only referring to criticism of McGrady on the Knicks game.

Not a big deal. Thanks for taking the time again.

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Congrats on re-hashing what DD said?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I started typing as I joined the program in progress, I did not hear the first part of it, I only heard the Knicks game stuff.....I think I know how R2K feels now.

People criticisizing you when you take the time to do something for the board....wow.

DD

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Dude, ignore the haters. Thanks for the recap.

What do you type....150 words/min? :eek:

5. DaDakota

Thanks Nwo...I am around 100wpm I think....

DD

6. Landlord Landry

okay, my apologies then.

just from this transcription-"Morey - criticism of Tracy that he was the problem in the Knicks game was overplayed in that game, and it was a team problem."

I was taking it as Morey was saying- critcism of Tracy. He was the problem in the Knicks game. He was overplayed in that game. and it was a team problem.

no beef, DaDakota. I fail.

7. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

any word about Ron Artest sitting out until the All Star game?

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

DD, thanks for your efforts. They are always faithfully represented back to us, your legion of appreciative friends.

9. Landlord Landry

Morey said that he's not sure where these reorts are coming from. He also put to bed any trade rumors of Artest.

10. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Excellent work DD!

I appreciate your hard work.

As for whether its T-mac's fault , or Ron's fault, or Yao's fault.....who cares.

Just win baby, just win.

Win 80% @ home + win 50% on road = playoffs

11. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

12. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I think with all the T-Mac drama from this season, most of it negative, people get 10 words or so into that sentence and jump to some conclusions. I did it myself until I saw your post, so thanks!

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

DD- I'm thinking about getting my masters for some strange reason, u want to type my papers for me? :D

14. rocketsmetalspd

By what DD has typed out looks the Rockets will not be trading Ron or TMac. I still don't have faith in TMac and it does not look good. I hope this long home stand with practice time will produce some positive results in the way Ron and TMac play on the offensive end. I hope I am wrong about TMac but only time will tell.

15. Landlord Landry

agreed. DaDakota's disdain for Tmac is no seceret around here, and that is why I made the assumption based on a loosely typed transcript.

but again, I am the one who made the mistake, not DaDakota.

Cheers mate.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Gawd, all this talk about being players in 2010. That reeks.

Which means Ron is a one-year rental? 'Cause we wouldn't have much money left if we re-sign him. And we'd be stuck with T-mac and his great work ethic for another year before the Summer That We Didn't Get LeBron.

17. DaDakota

LL,

I have no disdain for any player, I just want them all to play well and hard.

Is that too much to ask?

DD

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

are we even going to be a big player in 2010?

- lebron doesn't look like he's leaving cleveland.
    - wade has some young talent in miami to develop and they've already said they're building solely around him.
    - joe johnson 2 years from now would he still be this good? and even this year, at best he's last yr's tracy mcgrady.
    - chris bosh and amare are the best chances to leave their teams considering toronto sucks and amare wants more touches/be the man. that crosses out amare coming here. bosh could be a good fit with this team but i think he also wants to be the featured guy.

realistically, what all-star CAN we get? we're not going to get that superstar.

if we can trade tracy or ron this year for someone better than what we can get in 2010 (from morey's masterful calculations), you've got to do it. right now, artest appears to be the best bait. but we gave up nothing to get him. so we're not going to get much for him now.

i just think by 2010 and nothing happens, you have to let tracy AND yao go and throw all those big bucks at a true superstar. hey, amare and bosh just might bite, esp. bosh. he would be PERFECT in this system with adelman.

19. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Doesn't make sense. Yao's the most dominant center in the league right now. If T-Mac was a race horse he would have been shot.

20. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I think Morey just worked the contracts that way so he has some trade options to work with. Its not a big deal. We're not gonna get anyone for Tracy McGrady unless we just wanna dump his contract for Marbury's or something to that extent. We have an option of totally blowing up the team in 2010 with is a great option to have, but if that were to happen I don't think Morey will remain the Rocket GM.

DD,
    That sentence was merely a little confusing. I misunderstood too, you should take things so personal.