1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey looking at International Free Agents

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, May 20, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Agreed. Morey is doing the hard GM work and he gets crapped on for it.

Morey is a super hard working GM. I'll never understand the hate. The only criticism I have of him is that he needs to invent a time machine, go back to last offseason and NOT say we'll have our pick of the free agents. That was an anchor statement.

Remlap, mikol13, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If he can get another Patrick Beverely I will be pleased and give him credit for that. If he ends up with another Joey Dorsey caliber player, it will be a waste of a spot.

lilbird20 likes this.
  3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Morey is out here just looking for improvements in the margins and people are complaining. Take a few deep breaths. There is over a month before trade season starts.

lilbird20 and justtxyank like this.
  4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Never forget where DM the GM found Beverley the Wolverine.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you want to be the guy who finds the Euro-gem in the wild, not the guy who pays him $100 million several years later

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

At least you got the order right; but MCW is irreplaceable.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Or that PJ Tucker was playing all around the world.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Nothing more than assets if any of these clowns pan out.

Dont expect them to contribute right away in a high intense playoff series against the Warriors.

Here's the brutal truth: We need established and proven star talent addition on this team not including a couple of solid proven role players for us to dethrone the Warriors.

These chump change additions are fool's gold for the immediate task/goal at hand.

9. ballgame

ballgame Member

Last time I checked, this was a RESULTS ONLY BUSINESS. Almost, nearly, 2nd place, etc, etc, doesn't get it......I WANT A CHAMPIONSHIP, NOT A WCF APPEARENCE.

I thought Scottie Pippen was off base BUT now I see what he meant by, people of Houston only care about REGULAR SEASON

10. amaru

amaru Member

The brutal truth is that we wasted our best shot at a title giving Ryan Anderson 20 million dollars per year.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

No arguing that.

The scrub single handily destroyed our chances at a title.

amaru likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The brutal truth only to people who don't understand how the cap works.

Deuce, joshuaao, KlutchQT and 3 others like this.
  14. macan

macan Member

time to bring our boy joe chee back!

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

no international player is going to have a better impact than Rivers and Faried. Morey needs to work on player relations when it comes to role players. The system failed and now he flees the country to replace them and run the same failed system

16. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Thats trey thompkins in the back. The dude is killing it in Europe. If the rockets bring him on board i would be so pumped. Thompkins is a bigger, more athletic jaymichael green.

17. basketballholic

Actually Morey checking out foreign league players is an indicator that something big is coming and we're going to have some roster spots to fill.

Deuce, Plowman and lilbird20 like this.
  18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The brutal truth is that for 2 straight years, we have been the only team that has a chance of beating GSW. (So 28 other teams are doing worse than the Rockets currently)

Brutal...

19. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed.....I'd rather be last than a somewhat distant second best lol.

20. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

I’m glad he’s looking at players but it would be nice if he was looking at SF’s and not just smallish guards. It would also be great if we were gearing up for the draft, but seeing as he traded our 1st rd pick away to bring in a scrub like Shumpert, that’s out the window.

Yeah, Morey is working. He’s getting paid millions to manage the Rockets roster and improve the team. It’s always “win now” mode instead of building for the future. I don’t think Morey is the worst GM but I get sick and tired of the same old story year after year. No draft and no money to sign players that fit the system. Look at teams like Milwaukee, Philly, and Toronto with all the young talent they have on hand and tell me who has a brighter future. Honestly, if it wasn’t for Harden this would be a lottery team, 100%.

I know this that sounds cynical but I wish Morey would get back to drafting young players with a high ceiling. It’s time to quit obsessing over stars and bring in guys that fit the system that can shoot, and payers big enough to defend when we play against taller teams. Just my two cents.

Little Bit and bmelo like this.