1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey: "Joey Dorsey has become the best defensive big in Europe"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 17, 2014.

?

How will he do next season?

1. Asik-level good

44 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Pretty Good

104 vote(s)
    20.9%
  3. Serviceable

277 vote(s)
    55.6%
  4. Poor

73 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

MVP of the JCC Men's Over 40 League

Playyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaa

2. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Lol. If a player's hot for 3-4 games, it's not a accident and WILL happen again. Trust me, he'll torcher Dorsey worse than Asik & Jones

3. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

no one can hold LMA or any elite Power Forward for that matter. You make them work hard and bring help when you can. Hell...we can't be elite at every position. It's not NBA 2K15...Miami just got beat up by a superstarLESS spurs. Just build a team around our stars. Almost every night the rockets will have the advantage in 2 positions on the court....the 5 and 2 belongs to us. I still see us winning 50+ games. Dorsey is a role player off the bench to help guard one of the weakest positions in the NBA...the center position is almost non-existent. Welcome Dorsey and keep adding shooters and defenders

4. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Still waiting for Kelvin Cato and Omri Casspi to get hot again.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

whoa chill otu guys, im a rockets fan. im just waiting impatiently for morey to fill out some team needs. i dont want dorsey to be the backup center. it reminds me back when we had hayes and everyone was saying "shot blocking is overrated".

since dmo isnt a lock for a rotation spot, he and dorsey could duke it out. tho id rather dmo breakout and give some scoring off the bench after losing parsons and lin...25-30ppg

im also tired of seeing these cheap ass contracts. u gotta pay for backups too.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Maybe he's intrigued at the chance to become a trade asset. Or maybe his European team didn't have enough cap flexibility and that was a big turn-off for him.

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The air conditioning could fail ;)

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You do know LMA shot jumpers over Asik right?

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Not true whatsoever

10. rurban

rurban Member

You are not seriously calling the US a democracy, right? As European I would call the US an historically interesting trackback into the german political experiments of the 30ies.

As I already said, Dorsey was very successful with his 2 last teams. Winning the Euroleague with Olympiakos 2x as best defender. And than he was bought by the team Olympiakos won against in the finals, Barcelona. Where they also won the Euroleague. Again best defender. So his credits are bit better than the rockets credits lately.

11. bmd

bmd Member

What the hell...?

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Haha good one!

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

That's like being the best defensive player in the Fonde summer league! Seriously Morey, stop it!

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is no Chuck Hayes. I hope he will be a pleasant surprise. He needs work very hard in the off season on his game and fitness.

15. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Lin/Parsons may combine to 30, but defensively they gave up 30. It's not just offense that matters.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if morey is gonna be cheap as hell after losing out on his plan a, then im gonna have to see what this team can do on the court for them to chagne my mind. im not gonna put my full trust in the same "advanced analytic staff" that didnt see the rockets losing to the blazers in the first round.

there should be enough cap room to sign a proven and experienced role player. you do have to pay for backups too. spurs do it, lakers do it, even the heat.

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

From a physical stand point height doesn't matter! I mean you don't block shot's with your head after all.

Dorsey has a standing reach around 9'0, which is a lot more important then height. If you combine it with his crazy athleticism and his big physical frame, he's more then capable of playing center at the NBA level. Specially back up center.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Beverley has him beat in killed brown bears though

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

20. Tdugs710

Tdugs710 Member

Complaining is obviously our first thought here on CF so I understand y'alls doubts, but how about we reserve judgement until we actually see the guy play on the court with this team this year. Then we can truly determine if this was a good or bad signing.