1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey inclined to keep young Rockets status quo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haoafu, Jan 20, 2013.

1. teebone21

teebone21 Member

the Lakers are clearing their books in 2014 they're going to grab every star player Maury can't

2. teebone21

teebone21 Member

sorry I meant 2015

3. teebone21

teebone21 Member

if you're not playing for championship your playing for nothing

4. thething

thething Contributing Member

The goal this trade deadline is to acquire as many picks as possible. We don't have a 1st round pick in this draft, and that needs to change.

5. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

There's only one LeBron.

But Granger is only 29 and his injury history isn't that bad.. Deng is another guy I hope he has his eyes on...

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Not really b****ing,but why not move delfino? He's rght,there are a lot of 23 yr old,but a lot of those 23 yr olds are maxed out talent wise and delfino is 30.Delfino is playing well enough to get good value for him to add a younger player. Delfino + patterson/Morris gives the team a good option in my opinion.

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Pressured Presti's hand? Not saying good or bad,but presti was shopping harden soon as the season was over last yr to get a feeler. When harden started balking on a deal,presti moved. Its not like he had to trade harden,he got a great deal for harden.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

“There’s a few reasons,” Morey said. “Everyone (on the roster) is tied to the future. They’re all 23-ish, pretty much all our guys. We’d like to grow together. And we have a clear and present way to upgrade without trades with all the cap room. All those things add up to us being more stable.”

I think this is very telling of future moves. We are not going to reach for talent...we're going to allow the talent to come to us.

Max room in 2013 FA and again in 2015 (Asik and Lin expire). If I was Morey, I may save our cap space for 2014 FA when there are more top shelf free agents available. At that point, Lin and Asik will essentially be quality expirings...so I could see them dealt with other prospects/picks for a star.

So the timeline for me is:

2013/2014 season - More development and another mediocre year.
    2014/2015 season - We land two other stars

PG: Star
    SG: Harden
    SF: Parsons
    PF: Star
    C: Smith

9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Bingo! You Sir our today's winner!!

10. teebone21

teebone21 Member

so back on the treadmill we have been on for last couple of years? :confused:

11. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think it makes him look desperate, but I do believe it effects the players on the team.

12. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Enough said.

13. larry cook

larry cook Member

seems reasonable

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you. This is what many of us have suspected to be a major factor in the skid.

Is there a version of the chart which includes on the left column each team's record in those games that have been competed?

15. quadsas

quadsas Rookie

A power forward who is a low-post threat or a natural range shooter would help solidify the offense. A top 3-point shooter would fit as well.

DMo