1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey has outmaneuvered himself again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by downbytheriver, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

This his lack of picking up backup bigs is an issue, how we suppose to go into playoffs with only 2 solid center ? Asik or Howard miss one game then you can count that as a L.

2. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i think you literally do not understand the word literally..

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Stupid thread

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

We traded away brooks for Hamilton.

Fire Morey.

5. basketballholic

Brooks is the same player he was when he left here. An absolutely atrocious defender. And a streaky 3-point shooter. Basically same shooting percentages. Same offensive efficiency. Same leaky defense.

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

do you somehow think we're still in the summer of pre-harden?

7. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

This is where the debate goes left field. Morey can miss out on 20 key trades in the next 2 years, and you'll forever use that "Well he got us 2 allstars didn't he???" argument. In hindsight, it's great we have Harden and Howard. But do you actually think Morey's above any criticism now? You actually think his job is done now?

8. conquistador#11

not only does he have gm skillz but he has ping pong skillz.

do you want some ice cream,downbytheriver?

9. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I thought you were describing Jeremy Lin:rolleyes:

The thing about Brooks is he's proven he can hit big shots in the postseason. He's been there done that. Trading him leaves absolutely nothing at our backup PG position.

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

This was a bad trade. Sometimes you miss.

Brooks is more reliable than Lin, and their was always a good chance Beverly or Lin would go down at some point.

Canaan is not ready to contribute to a team looking to win some playoff series.

11. gene18

gene18 Rookie

You took the words out of my mouth. Give me objective data.

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Not to toot my own horn, but when I knew we were getting the shiny penny in JHam before it actually happened, I could see how it made sense. Our wings like Omri and Cisco weren't playing well. We needed another low-risk/high reward guy that could shoot off of penetration. JHam has been pretty good for that.

Morey didn't make that trade with the assumption that Bev would go down.

We are in a rough spot at the PG position, and that will be the glaring issue going forward.

James is going to be handling the ball much more than he should have to, but that's a better option right now than allowing Jeremy and Canaan to run the offense. At least James can command a double team and distribute to the open man. Our PGs don't yet warrant any sort of double team.

I always liked AB, and I thought he was a better fit on this team than other guys, but I can't honestly say that JHam was a bad acquisition.

Hopefully Bev can come back at a decent 75%

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yes, because we would have been just fine without Hamilton if Parsons goes down with an injury.

Lin/Canaan > Casspi/No one

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

The things you write are consistently hilarious. Where do you come up with this?

Did you follow AB when he started for us? Remember that MIP award he got?

It's cool to be biased, but don't try to flat out devalue a guy that you haven't focused on closely enough.

Let me guess, Kyle Lowry is just a flash in the pan and is only doing well in Toronto because he gets more shots, right? :rolleyes:

15. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Exactly my feelings. How many teams missing 60% of their starters would be so close for so long against a team thats on a roll.

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

This. End thread.

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Hamilton is our emergency starter if CP25 has to sit out a game.

And if you can recall: he was solid against Detroit about a month ago in that role.

18. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

We were missing 3 starters. Chill out. Brooks had nothing to do with this game. Tinkering this roster did not injure our players.

19. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

I only saw the second half, when Lin looked particularly bad. But his stats for the game overall were acceptable. Seems we lost because we were having trouble with shot creation and because our interior defense was majorly handicapped with Jones and Howard out. Brooks would have helped with shot creation, but not defense.

Brooks is a nice scorer, but he is so easy to exploit defensively because he is small and not particularly strong. Brooks 1.0 did fine on the old Rockets because we had Artest and Battier to cover a lot of things up.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Murray is so pathetic, can't even look into the future and see upcoming injuries. Fire Murraay.