1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey.....GET GEORGE CARL!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketboyz1, Jan 11, 2014.

1. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Bill Jetson?

2. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

Karl is a good option. If McHale doesn't get past the second round this year, they should fire him.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

fixed

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Karl is damn near the McGrady of coaching.

I don't want that mediocre coach. I don't want McHale either

5. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

honestly, im surprised I don't see more chatter about JVG! he's only gushed about the organization ever since his abrupt departure, still lives in the area, and he is a strong supporter of the front office/owner. If McHale is relieved of duties, i feel chances are great that JVG would have strong interest, compared to him shunning all other vacancies in the mean time.

and if we have JVG on the bench, we will finally see some improvements defensively, on a consistent basis.

6. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

any coach who can teach defense and get the respect of the two stars in the team? It would be nice if he can insist on some set offensive plays. Well, almost anyone is better than McHale right now.

7. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Honestly, what has George Karl ever done as a coach? Add Jerry Sloan to that ? Stick with McHale, or add someone who has a Ring.... That's it.

8. devin23

devin23 Member

This.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOLOL @ Lyonel Hawlins... there are some real assholes on this board.

10. Blast_Off

Blast_Off Member

Karl is 1,131-756 in his 25 seasons as head coach …. Karl's 21 straight non-losing seasons tie Phil Jackson for the longest streak in league history…..

"his Nuggets advanced past the first round just once in his nine seasons — despite making the playoffs every season. To pin all that on Karl is unfair and ignores context. Denver had a better regular-season record than its opponent in exactly one of those eight first-round losses [that was last year vs. Golden State, and the Nuggets lost Gallinari right before the playoffs] ….. Four of those seven first-round losses came against the Tim Duncan Spurs and Kobe Lakers — teams that hogged the NBA Finals for much of Karl’s tenure. (Denver had home-court advantage against Utah in the 2010 playoffs, but the teams had identical records, and Karl missed the series while undergoing cancer treatment; Adrian Dantley coached the team.)"

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...l-is-out-in-denver-and-where-he-may-be-headed

11. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Lmao@this foolishness. If your criteria is only coaches with rings, there's only a few out there and their all off limits. Karl is a masterful coach and PERFECT fit for this team. Our current team is already better than any of his Denver teams.

Give me Karl over any coach not named Phil Jackson, Greg Popivich or Rick Adelman. JVG is the most absolute worst choice for this team. Scoring 85 points a game won't cut it in today's game

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I guess if we were 38-0, we could start a keep McHale thread.

13. awc713

awc713 Member

14. caneks

caneks Rookie

lol, you think George Carl will buy into Morey's plan?

15. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Jones Van Honey please

16. robinjaswal23

robinjaswal23 Member

So what's Morey's plan besides live and die by the three.
    Every championship team has some part of midrange game. To win we will also need to ad that to our game soon

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

So basically he's the Tracie McGradie of coaches.

1 person likes this.
  18. noone

noone Rookie

The Rockets are winning 2/3 of their games in the regular season. It's not even the playoffs yet. Can we at least give Kevin McHale a chance in the playoffs to prove himself. It's the regular season you should make your mistakes in the regular season.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Sonics

20. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

I can't help but always think of this when I see that picture.

[​IMG]