1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Morey faints] Parsons signs with Dan Fegan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, May 20, 2013.

1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Serious? Morey is a business man...and a sly one. This absolutely is a morey move. Its smart and its thinking several steps ahead.

Yah its not like Morey poison pilled two different teams basically stealing their free agents...or morey signs people to team friendly ONLY contracts despite agents...or goes against the grain and tries to trade for players when the NBA and players and their agents all do not want him to.

saying what you said shows you dont know how morey rolls. ha :cool:

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Fegan

[​IMG]

Fiegen

[​IMG]

Fagan

[​IMG]

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

haha thanks

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Dwight Howard tanking it today to increase the perceived value of Parsons.

5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

LOL...

you are right that it is perceived, because the first time we played the Jazz he was getting torched by Hayward all the same. He definately would have helped, but we would not have necessarily won if he had an off night from 3 land. But lots of ppl on the gamethread are giving him a blowjob as if he's worth 10 million a year.

6. nono

nono Member

I've heard here that he will get $12-$13m haha.

7. areyouserious

areyouserious Member

If nick batum can get paid 11 mil a year then I don't see why parsons can't get paid 10. Now, I don't watch many blazers games so batums defense might be a lot better than parsons which makes him worth more, but I see them being similar.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Stein: "Structure of Chandler Parsons' offer sheet requested by agent Dan Fegan made matching deal too costly for Rockets once they missed on Bosh"

That'd why he hired him. Parsons wanted max money and he preferred not to come back.

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Parsons wants his own team. He'll get that in Dallas in a few years. Here he would always be the 3rd wheel behind harden and Howard.

10. conquistador#11

thanks a lot chandler beltran and dan boras! grrr.

(can't blame parsons for wanting that money though. it must have been embarrassing for him valeting howard's ferrarris. now he can buy one and dine out at the red lobster)

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I will laugh so hard at Parsons having "his own team". Parsons as a 1st option? That won't end well. Great player. Not THAT great.

12. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

****. good call.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Was I right or was I right?

1 person likes this.
  14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I love Houston, but if I were offered that kind of money, I would go to Dallas in a heartbeat. It is all fun and games for us as fans, but this is business for these guys. They are professionals, and they have to make the best decisions for their future too. We will all be the first to laugh when a former NBA player blows all his money and is broke, but then we criticize them for putting money first when they still have earning power. The truth is, Parsons hasn't made that much money yet in his career (relative to other guys), and I don't blame him for taking this contract.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think what gets to people is the tendency of players to say they are all about the team, winning, and trying to build something, but then go for more money. CP recruited Dwight because he wanted to win with him here and yet he left fairly easily. I don't blame him, but I don't blame fans for their reaction either.

1 person likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hell yes, every single person on this BBS would go to Dallas for that money, no holds barred, and if someone says they wouldn't they are lying.

DD

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I don't blame CP for getting paid and wanting to be the man. That said, he's a glue guy and nothing more. Tell me what he does exceptionally well? No, no I mean on the basketball court.

I'm ok with him being gone with that contract. I think he's in for a rude awakening. Paid like a star, better play like a star.

18. Remii

Remii Member

AJ has been back loading his contract to help the Texans and now fans are all over him. Parsons signs a contract when he's a free agent and fans are all over him for not taking less and "doing the right thing."

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Parsons is smart, and he made the right choice for himself. The Mavericks have a good organization and great coach.

20. McKinleyH

McKinleyH Member

Wade and Bosh showed it can be done. Parsons helped get Dwight Howard here, but is not showing much in the way of personal loyalty to that guy he helped get here. Wonder if Howard is taking that in to consideration too.