1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey: Calm the eff down

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Okay, Morey, fess up. Which one is your burner account on Clutchfans?

Lawlruschang likes this.
  2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

who says he will shoot it ?

no one is Steph Curry except Steph Curry

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

assuming that Houston had a chance to sign him off course......he probably wasn't even looking at Houston

people forget that part when commenting

4. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

MCW is a minimum price guy who has been on lousy teams his whole career and can eat minutes to keep CP3 fresh during the regular season into the playoffs. Yes he can't shoot and is turnover prone but he is elite on defense, so it's good value. Plus he likely won't be playing much in the postseason if at all, it's purely getting a decent backup PG at the minimum who can also be subbed in for key late defensive plays.

5. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Players that outplay their contracts... like Chris Paul at age 37 making $45M or Ryan Anderson $20M not even playing?

bmelo likes this.
  6. elrond

elrond Member

Just watch, Morey is going to end up with Kawhi :cool:

Lawlruschang and lionaire like this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

until then we have right to be nervous. for now we must be happy with MCW :)

8. hakeemthagreat

That's the point Einstein. If he can't shoot, teams will expose that & FORCE him too. It's called NBA basketball

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

didn't forget. i posted about this previously. hou signs mcw and reported interest is nick young. yet there were apparently no links to a min guy like jeff green who is ideally a fit here. long veteran athletic wing w/ playoff experience who has the ability to shoot.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean Jeff Green has the ability to shoot, but not the ability to make.

Teams keep asking him to be a shooter because he has the range, but he misses mot of them. Much better scoring at the rim.

I won't lose sleep about not having Jeff Green.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

looks like well just have to agree to disagree bc theres a ton here. and regardless of cp3 missing games the point still remains, a true backup pg role just isn't there. if cp3 isn't there harden still runs the "pg" in this system. mcw lacks the ability to be able to run this kind of system. just bc he happens to walk the ball up a couple times doesn't mean hes doing anything

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

im not losing sleep about it. id just rather have him over a guy like mcw. also a plus is he has stepped up in some critical games in the playoffs. not something mcw will ever do. just hoping theres actually rotational guys coming in before mcw is asked to be one of those guys or is forced to be

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

no way......i thought it was ice hockey

14. hakeemthagreat

Lol. Basketball wise, what's the difference between Jeff Green & Melo? "Perception" aisde, Melo's a significant upgrade over Green. Ppl are SO against Carmelo coming here, but their alternatives aren't worth mentioning.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

why are you even bringing up melo here. theres countless other threads you can bring your melo lovefest too or are there not enough. make another one.

this is bw mcw and green. not once did i even mention melo in this conversation

16. hakeemthagreat

MCW can't even score let alone shoot, and Jeff Green's the only player in the NBA that can be on the floor, and nobody literally see him out there (almost like a ghost in haunted house movie). Both are horrible options. Hows that?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

this post doesnt change anything about what was previously posted. no idea why you decided to come in and ramble

18. hakeemthagreat

It was a response to your post specifically. Jeff Green & MCW? This is who you think are solid options?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

once again posting for no reason. apparently i said mcw was good. false. apparently i had said green and melo in a comparison conversation together false.

i said i would prefer a jeff green over a mcw for this team. True. if you're going to post something specifically understand what you're actually pointing out first

20. Royal Ace

Royal Ace Member

I know the Rockets would be one of the top teams & be in position to compete with the Warriors. But the goal is to win a championship instead of being complacent with the prestige of "Almost" beating the Warriors.