1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey asked about trading for Dirk Nowitzki after signing Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTown5933, Nov 22, 2013.

1. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Mavs with Dalembert, Calderon, and Ellis, who they signed instead.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What? He's saying that the combination of Dwight WITH Dirk is far better than anything else on this roster. It has nothing to do with Dwight.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yes, a few games back with absolutely zero cap flexibility and no upside on that roster whatsoever. They are chock full of mediocre talent that's getting overpaid, an aging superstar who only has so much left in the tank, about 15 guards on the roster that nobody wants, and no depth in their front court. They might be a few games back of the Rockets, but they have nowhere to go but down. Is being first round fodder really worth the luxury tax?

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not what he was saying, he was telling me i needed to seek help because id rather have Dwight then Dirk.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/mcuban">@mcuban</a> says he talked to <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey">@dmorey</a> long ago about perceived &quot;taunt&quot; of Dirk trade offer. Cuban says they're OK.No longer thinks it was taunt.</p>&mdash; Brad Townsend (@townbrad) <a href="https://twitter.com/townbrad/statuses/439559372096557056">March 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. SPBR

SPBR Member

Was the perceived taunt the reason for the rumors about how Rockets FO was arrogant?

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think I could think about getting rid of Harden for Dirk. He's so much more advantageous if playing alongside Dwight or Asik. Can shoot better than Harden and up there with KD in 1 after another swishes. Plus he 's 7feet tall and smart... Rockets would win a championship with Dirk easier than with Harden.

9. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

You're a ****ing idiot. I don't care if I cursed.
    James Harden is the best shooting guard in the league and is only 24 years old. He's only getting better. Your post got me angry

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Because he's paid? I think game after game, that premise is just not there. I'd rather get a guy that doesn't choke in the PlayOffs and Dirk is the superior player.

11. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Dirk the better player? I don't know what you are smoking but they did not even make the playoffs in the last two years, and might not even make it a 3rd time. Dirk will be done in maybe 2 years, Harden has at 12 years to catch up to Dirk.

12. amak316

amak316 Member

I sometimes wonder about Morey's tact. It seems like he doesn't always approach things as delicately as he could and sours relationships with other GMs. I feel like people during the Asik auction saga were more hesitant than usual to deal with him because they don't want to be labeled the next loser of a trade with Morey. Both ways Morey is really smart and good at his job, the social aspects sometimes worry me though.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If Cuban were compassionate, he'd let Dirk walk from a miserable situation. But the Mavs are not that bad and really only a dominate post player to pair with Dirk away from being a Dark Horse.

14. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

I think it was more, Dwight chose an interstate rival and now you're asking for our franchise player !!??

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Dirk isn't going to demand a trade at all. I'd be very surprised if he left, if there was any time where he wouldn't be a mav it would've been before winning a championship. He's gonna ride this one out as the lebron killer

16. benvolio

benvolio Member

Dirk might be the best closer in the game right now. He can't carry a team for a whole season or play 40 mins a night like he used to but with 5 to go in the 4th you can give it to Dirk and he will give you a bucket close to 66% of the time. Dude just gets buckets.

He is a Free Agent this summer...I bet Dirk would take less to finish out his career with the Mavs...total class-act, franchise player.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He won't leave, but he is no Lebron killer.
    The Mavs and Dirk have been exposed since Tyson Chandler left them.

18. pippsux

pippsux Member

Much as I don't like dirk, if he was on this team......wow! I mean even mchale couldn't screw it up.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You are correct. I like Morey but he does stupid stuff with his ego. Ego, self imposed trade, the lies, this taunt, and I'm not even mad He let Dragic go.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Would love to have Dirk but he's up there in age and will not leave the Mavs. He has no reason to. He already has his ring, his house and family are there, and I wouldn't be surprised if he took on a role in the organization sooner or later.