1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey and his risky maneuvers.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 9, 2014.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

Parsons has been unhappy with his contract for quite some time now. I remember at the beginning of the year I believe, he asked if there was a way for him to have his contract done over and they told him no. Keeping him in his contract another year against his will when they didn't have to while knowing that he was grossly underpaid would almost certainly guarantee that he would leave anyways from bitterness and resentment.

That said, nobody told him to go out and sign a freaking max contract. I thought he would give us a hometown discount and sign for a few million less per year than whatever his market value was determined to be and Morey probably thought so as well. Apparently that was not the case.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would settle for maximum 10 million but that is it. No way he is getting more than Lowry

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Then Morey is an idiot. Who thought Lin would leave NY after Linsanity, and he did it. Morey shoulda realized Parsons was gone the minute we got Howard because someone out there was going to overpay him in FA or RFA. He should have just milked him for a season or a half and go from there.

4. hotballa

agreed. i cant believe kyle lowry took such a low contract after the year he had.

5. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

The only issue with not matching Parsons is that anyone we can get without using our max cap space won't be worth crap.

We either get out max guy, which right now can ONLY be Bosh, and use CP25's bird rights to match him and be over the cap.

or

We don't match Parsons and wait out this whole Melo/James drama and hold out hope for Bosh. If we end up with Bosh at the max contract we then use exceptions to try to get someone to replace Parsons and hope they will be as good at less money.

It won't be Deng or Ariza. Which means they won't meet the criteria of being "as good".

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

Trading him and getting something for him would be preferable to losing him for nothing obviously, but find me more than one person on this forum that actually thought anybody would be crazy enough to pay Chandler Parsons a freaking max salary contract. He will make more money than James Harden next year I think.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

It's called loyalty, motet put a $20mill contract on table for dirk, but he stayed with mavs and agreed to a $10mill deal

8. hotballa

i thought it was a 3 year $46 mil contract, not a max one. I always knew someone would overpay for him.

9. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Have been hearing for a while that Mavs were eager to turn the tables on the Rockets and put them on the defensive for once.</p>&mdash; David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/statuses/487014869120466945">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Close to the max, yes, a lot of people on here including myself thought a team would. Thought it would be a really ****ty team, but regardless its happened. CP was going to get paid and he deserves to get paid. We were basically like, well we don't think you're worth what you think you are, so we'll let the market decide. It was a needless gamble for a team looking to improve now.

11. Jt29

Jt29 Member

How is it so? Parsons n rockets relation is strictly business, rockets low balled him n treat him like a disposable asset, the same token goes to morey too. He is a pro bball player, btw this is a liberal economy, take the most u can, n u can't be labelled as guilty.

Hurry? Tell me why MUST he wait? He might not get this kind of offer EVER in his lifetime after being underpaid by the dork elvis.

Loyalty? Only goes to families, spouses, AND organizations who RESPECT their employees with honourable manner.

12. hotballa

yup. Any Rockets player who lets loyalty get in the way is a complete moron who has no clue about how the organization views players.

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Dirk has made over 200 million in his career. Parsons has made less than 3 million in his career. It's easier to be loyal when you have already made 200 million dollars. I didn't see Dirk giving the Mavericks any big discounts earlier in his career.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

are you actually trying to get on Parsons for the production he has given us vs what we've been paying him? Dude was the league's BEST contract.

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Chandler hasn't signed anything......yet

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Summer, 2012: "$80 for Harden? Morey's an idiot!"

Now it looks like a bargain.

Summer, 2014: "A couple more years of Parsons at only $15M per year? Morey's a genius!"

17. hotballa

The only thing anyone is saying about Parsons is that we should have kept him at his meager salary and then trade him if we couldnt extend him. I dont think anyones actually advocating we match the ridiculous contract from the mavs

1 person likes this.
  18. Possum

Possum Member

Not renouncing parson's would of been a risky maneuver. Morey did the right thing.

19. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

That's a great point. I'm not upset with Chandler for the deal, just disappointed it's with Dallas. I hate that place and this would be tough to see.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You know who should be hurt by this? Les Alexander. It's going to cost a lot to have James, Dwight, Chris and Chandler on the same roster!

You know who is not hurt by this news: Me.