1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More voters blame media than Trump for dividing the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Nov 1, 2018.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Which media are we talking about? When the president labels the “fake” media as enemies of the people. What do the Trump supporters will think?. Then you look on the people on the left and see Fox News is the right arm of president. What do you think will happen. The division is real. No sides will trust each other. Ask yourself why trump attacks cnn more than other media outlet? They are more left liening news outlets but he attacks cnn more. Why?

2. Spooner

Spooner Member

Its always funny to me how republicans use catchphrases ad nauseam.
    Leftist = bad
    Globalist = bad
    Nationalist = good (!?)
    Rightist = (Rightist? Never heard the phrase from anyone. I wonder why.)

I will admit, I watch a lot of Fox news. Why? Because I think its funny. Call me cynical if you want, whatever. I hear all of these terms sans rightist because no one says that ever.... coming from Fox news every day. I watch CNN too. It sucks believe me and its not quite as funny. However, I never heard an anchor use the word leftist, globalist, or rightist and only started saying nationalist when there were literal white nationalist rallies and when the President announced he was a nationalist.

Don't believe me? Try googling Leftist. Oh what do you know a bunch of idiot conservative webpages. What about Globalist? Oh look Tucker Carlson, Alex Jones and conservopedia. See any "leftist" publications there? Didn't think so. Try "Rightist". Go on. The word is so obscure that you get literally pages of dictionary sites. But hey, since Websters repeatedly has made fun of Trump I guess you can call the dictionary "leftist" if it makes you feel better about yourself.

How are you too dumb to realize that these terms are disseminated to create division among people? Instead you just parrot catchphrases, thinking that all human beings fit neatly into two rigid descriptions. In reality, it is just you conceding that you fit rigidly into one ideology because you can't think without the help of others. But by all means, keep up wit the catchphrase BS. All you are really doing is telling people you watch Fox news and are stupid enough to be manipulated. Embarrassing.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I laughed.

If only Fox News could have covered the positive aspects of the Obama Presidency instead of the daily lies, bullshit conspiracy theories, hate mongering, fear tactics, affairs with secret payoffs, p*rn stars, the p***y grabbing, white supremacist emboldening racist garbage, obstruction of justice, Russian collusion, and routine national embarrassments.

Yep.

I think you should get used to the notion that we're not going to allow you to normalize this behavior. Not gonna happen, ever.

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Are you really that triggered by the term leftist? It’s good that you watch both sides and for you to announce that you are too stupid to understand and decipher the truth well that is what’s embarrassing, for you. Fox definitely is out there when it comes to Tucker and Hannity but all in all much closer to the truth than it’s competitors. The fake news is real and you’ve been suckered.

#44 mick fry, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  5. Spooner

Spooner Member

No one is “triggered” by a term. (You just can’t help yourself can you?) People are annoyed by idiots who parrot catchphrases. What a mystifying response to the post I made. Did I say anywhere that I explicitly believe CNN? The only one of us that broadcasts that they emphatically follow a news network is you, with your stupid aphorisms. All I said was that divisive terminology comes from one side. You can't even debate that because you know it is the truth. All you have as a response is, nu-uh you are the dumb one. In your attempt to categorize people into two rigid ideologies, I must therefore believe the "fake news" (trademarked) I’m just glad I’m not you bro.

#45 Spooner, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  6. amaru

amaru Member

I typically see this from white conservatives so I’m just going to pose the following question:

When was the last time you truly attempted to get to know a person with brown/black skin and understand life from their perspective?

REEKO_HTOWN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Sowing fear with the base...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Oh no, don't let the bad man take our lebenstraum away!