1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More Ming Pics in Rocks Jersey @rockets.com

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dave2000, Aug 21, 2002.

1. almostReady

almostReady Member

Yao in Rockets uniforms photoes looks smaller, thiner and lighter. Not the best fit. Those pinstripes suck, IMO. :D :D :D

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

unfortunately you're right. as for now they're butt ugly though.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

From everything I've seen, Yao has a really big head. But look at that first picture... those legs of his are so huge that his head looks tiny! :eek:

Come on season, and come on new uniforms! Les, we're suffering here!

Forget waiting for the new RockBox. Do what's right for every Rocket fan in the world... save us and the players from the pajamas!

4. toughguy

toughguy Member

Did Ming recently got a haircut? I wonder where, or how, he get's his hair trimmed? I assume that the barber would have him sit on the floor.

5. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

or the barbar has a ladder...;)

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Great pics Dave2000..
    Go Ming!! :)

7. Flying_4_ever

Flying_4_ever Member

Yeah I think our Rockets uniforms look a lot better than the Chinese uniforms he is wearing. At least our uniforms are more colorful. The chinese uniforms are too plain. I think Ming looks awesome in those unis. And he will look even better when we get our new unis next year.

8. The Fever

The Fever Member

I hate to break it to you guys, but those pics are fabricated. Look at the full length pics of Yao shooting the hook shot. There are 2 pictures where Yao is in EXACTLY the same form, only the uniform colors changed. His off hand is in the EXACT same position, his position on the floor is EXACTLY the same, even his facial expression is EXACTLY the same.

They are great pics, don't get me wrong. But if you guys think he would get to wear a Rockets uni before actually signing a contract, you are all mistaken.

I promise you Rudy didn't bring a Yao uniform out there to wear while he is with the Chinese national team. That would be very disrespectful, and that is one thing Rudy doesn't want to do is disrespect the Chinese Team. He has been very adament about that.

9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I can guarantee everyone that those pictures are real and not "fabricated" The easiest way to tell is in the natural flow of the foldings in the jersey. And his hand in the hookshot are in different positions (one a bit higher than the other) if you take a closer look or take a look at his wristband, they are not the same photo.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd also point out that he's not in the exact same spot. Look at the background; it's shifted over. It is possible that they superimposed his image on a different background, so it's not a sure sign. But, also look at where the ball sits on his fingertips in the two pics. Also, the seams of the ball goes in a different direction. It could be fabricated, but I doubt it is. I think it looks very similar because he has a form to his hook shot that he repeats everytime.

Also, those that think the rockets uniform looks better than anything at all have obviously been too abused by the sight of them to think clearly anymore. It saddens me that, as a result, you can't even appreciate how slick the maroon Chinese uniform is (though the Sharks uniform is no great shakes).

11. redao

redao Member

WHAT makess Rockets uniforms so ugly?

The wide, unnecessary strips.
    They look like a rope bandaging the body. There's no harmony between cloth and strips.:mad:

12. Tim

Tim Member

Just to clarify ... the pictures are real. There are from a photo session that took place a few days ago. We needed media guide shots, the trading card companies needed trading card shots, etc., and the Chinese National Team and Yao were nice enough to help get it all set up.

The hook shots photos look similar because ... hook shots look similar. But it was fun to hear people post about our graphic prowess.

Now, if it was a picture of Yao shooting a hook with a fro ... then that would probably be doctored.

Tim McDougall
    Vice President of Marketing
    Houston Rockets and Comets
    timm@rocketball.com

13. almostReady

almostReady Member

LOL. Thank you Tim!
    Do you have information on when Yao will sign the contract?

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Thanks for clarification Tim.

Do you know when they going to start selling the replica jerseys? I want to get my hands on one.

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Thanks to Live, he mentioned that the website added more pics. Pretty cool if you ask me! :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

and last but not least, gotta love the mugshot:

[​IMG]

Note: I just post the studio pics because the bball pics were pretty much the same.

16. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I thought it was a bowling ball...:D

17. Roc Paint

Absolutely not!
    As much as I would like to see our new uniforms change, they are way better than the one Yao is wearing now..That's for sure.

#37 Roc Paint, Aug 29, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2002
  18. Roc Paint

sorry windandsea, I miss read your statement. :)

19. RedRock

RedRock Member

Yao looks great in anything with "Rockets" on the jersey, BUT....can we please go back to the RED and GOLD?

20. Tim

Tim Member

Yikes ... just realized Dave2000 asked a question a week ago regarding Yao Ming jerseys that I meant to answer.

Yao Ming jerseys can't go on sale until he signs the contract, because until then, the Rockets and the NBA don't have rights to sell merchandise bearing his name. We checked with the NBA, but there really aren't any ways around this. We'd like to see the whole city decked out in Rockets garb, too.

Once the contract is signed, the turnaround should be pretty quick. The jersey manufacturers realize the opportunity.

As for the signing date -- I'm not the best one to ask since it's really a player operations issue. But there's no new news for us to release right now.

Tim McDougall
    Vice President of Marketing
    Houston Rockets and Comets
    timm@rocketball.com