1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More Houston fans: Vince Young or The Cowboys?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tinman, Oct 12, 2009.

?

I'm a current/former houstonian, I support

1. the Dallas Cowboys

14 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. VY is my guy

84 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EUuN6ZqAtx0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EUuN6ZqAtx0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

At least VY was born and raised in the H like most of us here. Dallass Cowboys, uhh not so much.

1 person likes this.
  4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cowboys.

when i grew up in houston, the Oilers were an AFL team, and didn't really compete w/ the cowboys, so it was easy to root for both (and my mom's family was from St. Augustine, so no inbred allegiance to either team/city.

after we moved to Missouri, the Cowboys/Cardinals rivalry was fairly strong, at least while Jim Hart was around, and the Oilers weren't on national TV very often, so it was tough to keep up with them. and the they moved to nashville, and i never had any connection to that city (Memphis was different), and the Texans might as well be the Chiefs- not sure i could tell you who their coach or QB is- Matt somebody?

1 person likes this.
  5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

schadenfreude ~ I love them both! Although, I do have a a little pity for VY, so I feel a twinge of guilty watching him fail. (The McNair children gesture was very touching.) I guess I love the Cowboys a little more then. That Romo... he's so dreamy.... and clutch!

Go jerry jones! Go!

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

My brother is a hardcore Oilers/Titans fan, he's originally from Houston so I guess he could've transferred to be Texans fan but he loved McNair so I guess he decided to follow through with the Titans.

I'm a Chargers/Rockets/Yankee fan but i'm also a sports fan. I'll always watch games and love the moment. I enjoyed watching Barry Sanders as I enjoyed watching Sammy Sosa or Michael Jordan etc.

I can understand Houston natives having hate towards the Cowboys because that's like asking a Bills fan to love the Jets just because their in the same state.... but I can't say I agree with the VY hate although I do understand it with some Houstonians.

If your not the Jazz, the Red Soxs, Raiders or Broncos, I'll practically never chose a team against another if my team is not playing them. For example, the Bengals vs Ravens game on Sunday, awesome game. Enjoyed watching it even though I didn't care who won. Hard, tough football.

Thanks for the explanation tinman, I knew some of the situation but it's totally cleared up now.

7. Fatty FatBastard

Whoa whoa. Wait a minute.

I can't think of any Houstonian who "hates" VY. If they do, they must have an odd reason. The guy is one of us, after all.

What I do see rear up here is smugness from some posters that the Texans made the right decision and that VY has so far been a bust. When he was getting drafted there was a TON of venom spewed on both sides with pro-VY vs. anti-VY folks.

There is a big difference.

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Alright my mistake. It just seems that in every football thread VY is always being bashed but I guess it's just constructive criticism.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's just the focus of the venom that is really directed at the people who trashed the Texans for not taking him and went on irrational tirades about how Vince Young was going to change the position of quarterback (rich lord) and how the Texans were going to have trouble selling seats, would suck forever, were cursed, yada yada yada.

1 person likes this.
  10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :D

12. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

OK as a known Titan and Cowboy hater let me clear something up. First people dont hate the Cawboys because they are on Prime time or jealousy. Preople hate the Cowboys because Cowboy fans are the second biggest piece of trash next to Duke Blue Devil fans. They make you hate the team.

Second, no one in Houston wants to see VY fail because the don't like the Longhorns. quite the opposite, Non-Longhorn fans want to see VY fan succeede because HE IS A HOMETOWN MAN, and Houstonians always want to see Houstonians make it. With that, we Texans fans do giggle with his fall of VY because people had him (and Reggie Bush) in the NFL hall of Fame and Mario as a Ryan Leaf bust, ON DRAFT DAY. So to see vice go versa its funny.

oh and to answer you poll, WHERE IS THE NEITHER BUTTON?

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

BINGO!

I never disliked VY until after all the crap was spewed about Houston passing up on the next coming of Jesus.....

Obviously, they got the right draft pick.

I blame his worshipers for making me dislike him. Same way a lot of people dislike Favre etc....because that's all sportscenter talks about.