1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More evidence that supports Hakeem as the best ever at Center...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by countingcrow, Nov 16, 2006.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Dream/Clyde made me a very happy camper.

2. windfern

windfern Member

Ever? as in ever?

3. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

having those 4 rings is some what overated look at robert horry he has 6 rings do you think hes going to the hall of fame or going to be considered one of the best of all time..i think not..this isnt a list of who has the most rings its whos better

4. Chronz

Chronz Member

Great Evidence, Vlade Divac 2nd greatest center ever, and Kirelenko best sf ever.

5. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Earl Boykins had an off night. ;)

6. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

You like his game although you must not have paid attention or ever really watched him play or maybe you don't remember.

7. dookiester

dookiester Member

i dont buy the argument that a player is only as good as how many rings he has won. i dont think anyone is going to even attempt to argue that robert horry, as much as i love him, was a better player than charles barkley. one has 6 rings (more than kobe OR shaq) and the other only has one. yeah a championship is nice and it proves you're a 'winner' but i think we all know greatness has to be measured by more than just number of championships. greatness is something only people who watch basketball recognize. everyone else just looks at stats, be it points or number of rings or number of quadruple doubles.

8. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

38 points, 17 rebounds, 6 assists, 12 blocks, and 7 steals all in one game?

Wow - that has to be one of the most impressive lines for a game ever!

9. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

if barkley has a ring.... he got it on E-Bay...

Robert Horry got 6 rings on DIFFERENT TEAMS! CASE CLOSED!

To say that Shaq WON the championship last year was a joke imo. He was sluggish at best and Wade took over. I'd have to say the 3 that he won in LA was mostly done by him, but Dream did it with less bonafide superstars and played against competition that was crazy good during those championship years.

The passing and the amount of basketballs that he gets his hands on in defense is ridiculous too (for Dream) He's one of the best stealers and the best blocker (on record for argument's sakes) in the history of the game, AND he can shoot free throws when the game is on the line. I'd hate to have someone that you have to be tempted to take out of the game when the game is on the line and FTs will win it for you.

10. dookiester

dookiester Member

oops yeah my bad. i meant to say 'none.'

11. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i dont think duncan's that good to be 6th. just my opinion.