1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More Dominant? Rookie Shaq or 10-11 Dwight?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, Jan 24, 2011.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SUn7BvZ-4ZQ" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

2. Steve_Francis_rules

Please just stop before you embarrass yourself any further. Also, learn the difference between "man" and "mane."

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The stigma of David Robinson's career is winning the MVP but getting completely outplayed by Hakeem in the conference finals.

Sucks when you are considered the best player of your position in that season, only to be embarrassed by another player of the exact same position in the post season.

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

You learn the difference between "rules" and "sucks" in your siggy...Before you embarass me ...too late....and mane is a compliment toward you ....man is you being an ordinary Joe...so MAN shut the ***** up...Embarrass myself(pointing)???????...Neva that !!!!

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

You right ...I'm just a young boy that grew up in the 80's that didnt watch bball every night like everybody else...I have no merit..I dont know what I speak of...That be I..Youz a dude who's a lame so you name yourself after one..

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Again, you take Dwight Howard and put in a 90s situation where the physical game was allowed in the post and in the NBA in general and he'd put up better numbers. Only thing is D. Howard's size and strength is a product of modern technology and training methods. So if Dwight Howard was in the 90s would he have the physic and power he has today? Probably not. He was a lanky thing in high school and let me tell you the training and nutritional knowledge back then would mean a skinny lanky Dwight to premiere in the NBA.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Oh, I read what you said. And I was making my own point. You called Shaq era HOFers "B-listers" and I'm showing how poor Howard-era B-listers are.

Howard has no competition in this era versus what Shaq had. not even close.

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I agree...My point sir is Dwight would have been puttin up the same stats during that era as he is now...Playin against the best makes you want to be the best...He has no one now adays to push him....I call them B-listers because everyone cant be an A-lister...Shaq was an A..Mourning, Mutombo, D-Rob were B's (to me)...Im not saying they werent great in their own right...But they were not franchise players (again to me)...Im sayin Howard would have held his own against them....Although todays center position is horrible , he dominates.....

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

^

Somebody please pass me whatever this guy is smoking.

10. fmp087

fmp087 Member

pass it this way once you're done. :grin:

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

goodbug probably did

12. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Shaq would own Dwight.

It would look like a bigger version of in-his-prime Mutumbo in this video:
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vma7PlO6kFI" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this only makes the 95 Rockets championship team that more legit.

Shaq in Orlando was a monster, didn't he lead the league in scoring that year?

This is the reason why the Bulls got Rodman to help on the inside.

one of the reasons why we beat Orlando is that we made Shaq work on defense and that Dream could score.

Dwight is not close to the scorer Dream was. He doesn't have to pound it in the post with Shaq, he can face up and shoot on him or cross him over.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

that dikembe mutombo would hold dwight in single digit scoring 4-5 games out of 7. and shaq murdered him with ease.

it's really unfair to judge dwight b/c of the competition dwight plays against. when shaq played vs the eastern centers, he murdered them even when he was lazy, out of shape, or not focused.

15. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

he might get his rbs and blocks...but no way he gets close to 20pts a game in that era. mourning, mutombo and drob would shut him down. mourning and drob would drop 25+ on him every time.

16. Steve_Francis_rules

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

David Robinson was an all-star every year, won an MVP award, led the league in scoring at 30ppg, and made 7 straight all-defensive teams (4 first team). He was probably the second best center in the NBA during the 1990s. He had the misfortune of being handed an MVP award while playing a series against the one center in the league who was clearly better than him.

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If you serious..I got you...If not I'll pass it to my homie on the left hand side

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Alright calm down everyone!!! Howard will be in the HOF...then and only then will he get his due from the Bball purest....But until I'll keep givin his props while others tear the man down because of his dominance of weaker opposition...Isnt that what dominance is???...ie Shaq, Dream, D-Rob against everybody else but Dream/Shaq.......Love It Mane!!!!!!!!

19. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Bahahahhaahah I found this while I was lookin for Hakeem-Shaq matchups.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YzSHbf7U2ys" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Do anyone knows why we were playing 'small world' while introducing the Orlando lineup? It's funny :grin:

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I don't think anyone is taking anything away from Dwight. In fact all Rockets fans would prolly sacrifice their pinky finger to get him in a Rockets uniform.

People are questioning your ability to think because you are calling David Robinson, Alonzo Mourning and Dikembe Mutombo "b-listers". Prime David Robinson would be the best center in the league today and Zeke and Zo would be players you can build around.

And what the hell is "mane"?