1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More disrespectful to troops: Kneeling during anthem or not honoring fallen soldiers due to the rain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheRealist137, Nov 11, 2018.

?

More disrespectful?

1. Kneeling during anthem

2. Skipping a ceremony honoring fallen soldiers due to rain

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What do you think about Trump skipping out on Arlington Cemetery today after he knew that a large portion of veterans were offended by him not showing up to honor WWI veterans in France?

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I personally think he should have gone. I’m used to Donald Trump unapologetically doing offfensive things and don’t mind agreeing with you on that.

Personally I think we should be able to agree on things like that regardless of politics.

jcf likes this.
  3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Offensive depending on your political opinion.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care if Trump doesn't visit our vets - there are bigger issues with him.

But I do find the hypocrisy distasteful from the right. Obama does anything to not show up to some veteran event and it's because he hates America. Trump skips out because of rain, and it's why are liberals bringing it up???

They are bringing it up because of how much you right-wingers cried about Obama

amaru likes this.
  5. crash5179

Nothing to do with politics at all. It’s offensive based on the fact that he was protesting a sacred symbol that represents all of our rights including the right to protest. Seems kind of ironic to me.

It is especially offensive because many of us donated a significant portion of our lives to ensure people like you get a chance to enjoy those benefits. Considering the number of people that have served and died to guarantee those rights, you would think asking not to protest during the anthym and flag would not be too much too ask.

jcf likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What's more disrepectful?

A latter salute?

Or not even showing up because it rained

7. crash5179

Giving billions of dollars to Iran to invest in terrorism which wil likely cost US lives at some point is way more insulting to me. Just thought I would throw that out their since you brought up President Obama. But that’s not me and I don’t expect you to have an issue with it gifting all old the cash to Iran.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Hi Sir,

Thank you for your service, I hope you are enjoying today.

Anyways, answer his question.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I know more veterans not offended than are. 100% of all offended that I know are Republican voters. It is extremely political.

amaru likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Returning their money that we had taken?

11. crash5179

Thank you, which question?

12. adoo

adoo Member

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The dotard dishonors our nation while crash5172 and rocketslegume defend him. You guys are lucky that you apparently lack the self awareness to realize how much you shame and embarass yourselves. Think about where you stand now crash...with rocketslegume. LOL.

#53 Rashmon, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  14. amaru

amaru Member

Civilians and politicians do that every day. The only time you here people say “what about the veterans” is when they are making a sh@tastic political point.

Almost always they are conservatives. So quick to use our service and the deaths of our families to advance their narratives.

15. amaru

amaru Member

Yes that’s a mess. Especially for the men and women just starting college. It already takes a while for the VA to vet you before payments start.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Like a boss

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah... and no. Because soldiers do their job no matter who the president is. They work for the United States and support your rights to bicker against the other tribe.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You guys dont know what you dont know. You are making assumptions based on the paradigm of a modern volunteer Army and all the might of the marketing force of the DoD, which has turned the Army into a caste of warrior suplicants.

Standing armies used to be considered a sign of tyranny. A standing British Army was one of the things that caused independence. There was next to no Army before the war. It was essentially built from the ground up. Essentially there was no carefully manicured optimised military culture to the US Army.

The dynamic for the army was much closer to "Red Badge of Courage" than "Generation Kill". Those soldiers had more in common with Napoleon's Army than Colin Powell's.

The navy was a touch bigger and more professional, but the freaking "rum ration", where every soldier was entitled to a full cup of alcohol every day wasn't abolished until 1914, and public corporal punishment to maintain order was still a thing.

Finally, aside from the military, conservatives have this "good old days" idyllic image where the past was a conservative utopia like the 1950's as depicted on TV before we fell from grace thanks to stupid liberal anarchy. The past you guys imagine never existed. The 1920's were the 1960's before the 1960's - it was a debauched Bohemian free-for-all.

If you want your mind blown, watch a representative set of films from before the Hayes code. Sex drug and jazz all over the place.

#58 Ottomaton, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Rocket River likes this.