1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moochie not talking to any other teams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Sep 5, 2001.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Just happened to find this bit in the Chronicle article on Mo...

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/sports/bk/bkn/1035249

"I know he's really feeling bad about this," Rockets guard Steve Francis said. "He just signed his deal. He's been working real hard. He lost 20 pounds, looking real good. When he was here, he was playing real good. It's going to be hard for him to overcome mentally.

"This definitely hurts us as a team. It's going to be hard for somebody to fill that role, but I think Kenny (Thomas) is qualified. He's played behind Charles (Barkley), behind Dream (Hakeem Olajuwon) and behind Mo. I look forward to him coming to training camp and stepping into that role."

Moochie Norris said as difficult as the news was for the team, he really feels for Taylor.

"It's a big blow to us," said Norris, a free-agent guard who said he still hoped to return to the Rockets and was not talking to another team. "As a team, all of us are working to get better. We were so close to making the playoffs.

To be just backpedaling, working to get better, I feel so bad for him. He just got his deal. He really wanted to be here. And it's such a tough injury. It's hard to come back and be the same, to be able to do the things you used to be able to do. But I know Mo will do whatever is necessary to get back."

2. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I like the way he used <i>us and we</i>!

3. TIburon

TIburon Member

Well I hope something happens with him soon b/c if nothing gets resolved soon with Mooch.... I can't see him playing here next season.

I was assuming we wouldn't make any trades/signings of any big men until now. Reason being I believed we would open the season with Cato, Collier and Taylor(being the 3rd center-at 6'9/260 he can play center)

Now we need at least another big body whether its a center or PF.

So where does that leave us with money wise. Moochie still is not signed and wants more than Houston has left.
    This becomes even more troubling...

Do we sign Mooch to whatever and go with the season or trade Walt for White?

Do we say bye, bye Mooch and sign Damon Jones(I think thats his first name) while adding another big man(one yr deal)?

I'm just throwing options... Realistic ones at that...

Or do we go with this team:
    PG Francis, Norris
    SG Cuttino, Williams
    SF Rice, Langhi, Morris
    PF Thomas, Griffin, (Taylor)
    C Cato, Collier

Thats pretty thin at the 4 and 5 while we still have 4 SF's...

Interesting where Houston goes from here, granted Houston Rockets will evaluate Taylor tomorrow... Doesn't look good for Houston or the Moochie situation...

Damn Fegan..... Sorry,that just made me feel better when I say Damn Fegan!!! See I feel better already....

Try it guys!!!

4. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I'm not as worried as most, I think. I mean, sure this sucks, and we lose some offense, but I was worried about not enough shots to go around. I know we lose an offensive option here, but after all, we did add offense with Glen.

I feel that K9 is fully capable of stepping in. He's not afraid to bang despite being undersized and he hustles his ass off.

I don't think the playoffs are out of reach.

5. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Houston might be more attractive to free agent big men right now, because playing time is all but gauranteed.

Thoughts???

6. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Am I the only one who noticed Steve's support for KT? It's good to see that Steve is speaking up and boosting the players on his team, instead of wishing aloud for another player. That's the kind of leadership the Rockets need and will further improve chemistry. Whether or not that chemistry will lead to more wins has yet to be seen, but still, I like Steve's attitude.

Let's all hope Moochie and the Rockets find a common ground soon. Two good PGs on one team is invaluable - just look what happened to Miami in the playoff this year when they didn't have a PG who could distribute the ball.