1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Orlando-Cleveland Game 5. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Monty Williams...He Mad

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by IzakDavid13, Nov 5, 2012.

?

The NBA concussion policy is...

1. To strict

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Not strict enough

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Just right

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I like his quote:

When you're dealing with the brain, I guess what's happening in football has impacted everybody. He got touched up a little bit last night. That happens a lot in basketball. It's just that now they treat everybody like they have white gloves and pink drawers and it's getting old. It's just the way the league is now."

-- Hornets coach Monty Williams

I'm pretty sure some left wing media nut job is going to have something to say about the pink drawers comment, but Monty is right in my opinion.

This is not the NFL, or rugby league...this is Basketball. If he was KO'd, ok. But missing games over a love tap?

[​IMG]

Monty Williams...he Mad bro, and I understand why.

Agree or disagree?

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I think a grade II concussion sustained playing basketball is the same as a grade II concussion sustained playing football, and should be handled the same way. There's no reason to mess around with a player's health after he suffers a brain injury when it's three games into the regular season.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why does it matter whether it's basketball or football or anything? A concussion is a concussion. The only difference is that football players suffer more concussions than basketball players. But if it's a concern for football, it should be a concern for any sport.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Gee, thanks for throwing in that political jab....we surely dont get enough of that in our non-political forums. :rolleyes:

In case you dont get my sarcasm, let me put it in plain words.

KEEP THE POLITICAL CRAP IN D&D WHERE IT BELONGS

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He's just a baby. You can see after taking a couple of questions from the journalists that he sees the PR danger of what he's saying and starts backpedaling. So, he finishes saying he's just complaining because he wants his guy to play. But, that's the mentality that made concussions such a big deal in football in the first place -- a guy gets his brain knocked around and he says he can play because he doesn't want to look like a wuss, and the coach will let him play because he wants to win the game. If the league wants to keep concussions from being a problem, they can't let players or coaches decide when he's ready to play again. They need rules around it and team doctors' say-so (even the team doctors are susceptible to pressure though).