1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Montrezl Harrell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nwcougar, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

So why did mchale not play him more last night? After the amazing 1st quarter he had I felt like I didn't see him again

2. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

Foul Trouble

3. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I like Trezz,too. I want to see more rebounding from him though.

4. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Check out today's rookie rankings.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Your rookie leaders through last night. <a href="https://t.co/rOMOCwCFza">pic.twitter.com/rOMOCwCFza</a></p>&mdash; Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/660476868785754114">October 31, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Harrell is the only 2nd round pick in that list I believe.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He wasn't ever in foul trouble last night.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Harrell has been a treat. Hope he brings this type of game all season long. Surprised at how well he is finishing at the basket. Defending well too. Only downside I see right now is again, in 20+ minutes last night all he got was 3 rebounds.

Harrell has been hyped to be a great rebounder, he hasn't show that at all in basically all of summer league/pre season/regular season. But thats okay, he still looks like a absolute steal for a 2nd rd pick with his athleticism, finishing ability and defense.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What I really like about him is he already seems to understand how to play man to man defense. Team defense always takes time with rookies, but when it comes to man defense, he never gives up an easy shot.

In college he had a weak jumper which will improve with time. Meanwhile he seems competent at finishing at the basket. It's good that he sees a player like Capela everyday, a perfect example of how to be effective without taking risks or doing anything complex.

He's obviously not going to keep up this pace and he's going to hit a rookie wall and people are going to trash him, but in the long term this guy is going to be a rotation guy and a very good one. Very excited for his future, and makes me feel a bit better about D-Mo still needing time to get back into game shape.

9. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

Did you watch the game last night? Harrel looked game as heck on defense.

10. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Who would've thought Harrell would come in and average double digit scoring in his first two games? He was advertised as a hustler that would play good defensive with an offensive game limited to dunks and putbacks, and now we're seeing a guy that we can drop it down low in the post to that's skilled with his pivot foot and ball fakes? If he can keep up what he's shown so far, and develop a mid-range jumper, he'll really cause some problems for opposing teams. I like him a lot. Just doesn't ever seem to give up on any play.

11. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

He's a steal , plays like a guy whos been in he league for a while , if he add's a 3 point shot and tightens up on D wow... :grin:

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

He and Capela are having fun out there, smiling, communicating. He and Bev also. Sadly the starters are the ones who don't seem to be ready to play.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I love his energy, his body language, his intensity. There's no quit in him. He challenges everything. He always tries. He plays unlike any current Rocket (which is embarrassing for the rest of the team). If I was coaching there is no way I put Jones back in the game last night. He was being outplayed and McHale needs to make a statement. Jones needs to get his **** together or go sit on the bench.

14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Trez should see starter mins over TJ. TJ is a damn embarrassment at how he still haven't improved his game since his rookie days.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

once again morey proved true to his word. "you got to find the chandler parsons not pay the chandler parsons" ha ha

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It almost feels like piling on at this point. I always knew the Jones fan nonsense would come to an end once the real games started, I just didn't know it would happen this quickly.

For the record, I expect Jones to have a good game at some point, he can't keep looking this bad and getting thoroughly outplayed by a rookie....at least I don't think that'll happen, but it's clear that once DMo is back and up to speed, Jones will be expendable if anyone wants him.

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Montrez and Beverley are a great couple with their coupes and intensity. Loved that he said to Bev I got you after that whole thing with Green!!

18. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Number of games is irrelevant, if you have "it" you have it regardless of how many games you have played. Montrezl has "it".

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like he's in for some serious playing time.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Terrence Jones sat out Rockets practice with the cut above his right eye. He's out for Sunday in Miami.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/660523174069596160">October 31, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

Jones is a girl I swear..