1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Monta Ellis: Stephen Curry and I Can't Play Together

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by A_3PO, Sep 28, 2009.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Every word of this is 100% on the money. Nellie has milked that franchise dry off the laurels of beating the Mavs.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i can't wait to watch brooks and lowry light up curry's sorry ass for 45 combined

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Monta is right,Nellie's experiment lab is doomed to fail.

4. worzel gummidge

Brooks and Lowry are both under 6 feet... Unless Monta just wants out of GS.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would stay away from Monta and any other small 2 guard...

Not a fan of the small 2.

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I'm glad Monta pointed out the difference between pairing him with Baron and pairing him with Stephen. That was the only "small ball" team I ever liked, probably because it wasn't really as small as people thought. Baron has the strength to defend 2's, Monta guarded the PG's, Jackson is the same height as our PF's, Biedrins is tall, and Pietrus had the size to play SF. They weren't playing small ball at all, just athletic ball.

Any real small ball team is doomed from the start, this team won't be any different.

7. worzel gummidge

Monta has repeatedly said he wants to man the point.

8. Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob Member

Brooks is one of the smallest players in the league in terms of his weight. If he doesn't think it'll work with Steph Curry, it sure as hell won't fly with Brooks.

Curry's 6'3'' 185 lbs., and he's the definition of a pure shooter. He's a great compliment offensively to Ellis, who's a cat-quick slashing/driving guard, but I can see where he's coming from with the defensive concerns.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Monta can't play the point.

I say repeatedly that Monta CAN'T man the point. :)

10. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Who cares - make him come off the bench, and limit the mins he has with Brooks if that is a concern.

What no one seems to realise, is that he's REALLY saying, 'I want a trade, I no longer want to play for the GSW'.

11. abc2007

abc2007 Member

When the suns wanted Curry in the pack. for Amare, the warriors should have agreed.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think most people following the Warriors know what Ellis is saying. Either he or Nellie will be gone by next summer. Maybe sooner.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

why? Curry is their future, not Monta.

14. saleem

Ellis is on a weak stick,after his motor bike episode and then his subsequent foot injury late in the season. Nellie apparently seems all powerful. A change of scenery to another team,may not be bad for Monta.

15. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I'd rather have Anthony Randolph & Stephen Curry.
    I hope Nellie gets tired of his new boy toys soon and starts trading them for a pile of crap.
    Brian Cook may actually do something good for the organization in this scenario. :p

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I don't see Curry can be a franchise player that a team can build around.

Amare >>>>>>> Curry

17. bruceree

bruceree Member

trouble brewing already up in the bay area...but what else is new, nellie keeps putting malcontents together. not a conducive situation for curry to develop his game.

18. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Could the Warriors make do with Law and Curry on the court together or would they need to acquire a different PG if Monta is traded?

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

the problem is Monta's contract/albatross. After his tricycle accident he's considered damaged goods and a malcontent after these statements. No way a team gives up equal talent for him.

20. saleem

There is certainly truth in what you say,however he is still young and if he can come back to around 75-80% of his old self,they can still get some value for him.