1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mongolian Wrestler's medal rescinded due to taunting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Aug 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Wow that was the Aussies first gold in the winter olympics. That and the entire story. Wow

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Posted the ozzyman video of it in the UNSORTED thread ;).

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't know much about speed skating, but I remember the race can only be restarted if it happened on the first couple of turns, after that it's free for all.

I think that particular situation was no particular fault of anyone, just people fighting to pass

1 person likes this.
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

He wasn't disqualified. A penalty point was awarded because he refused to engage with his opponent. You're not allowed to just dance around and deny your opponent a chance at scoring and the Mongolian wrestler ran for the last 18 seconds of the match. It was tied at that point but in the event of a tie, the wrestler who scored the last point is declared the winner. Eventually, the other wrestler was awarded another penalty point because of the outburst.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/afnJbdT4t5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm trying to work in a Vision Quest reference, but I'm drawing a blank. :mad:

1 person likes this.
  7. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Here's a video from the crowd perspective. The crowd chants "Mongolia, Mongolia" and boo the Uzbekistan winner. Someone even throws their shoes at the Uzbek wrestler

Pretty crappy circumstances to win in

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5gab5Ft_VHI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Is there usually a warning before a point is given? I don't know anything about wrestling rules. I'm asking for knowledge.

Thanks,

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

it's not a thought process, it's asian culture. you are robbing us, so here take everything including our clothes. it's very common in asian countries.

1 person likes this.
  10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

And Rio wants sympathy for American swimmers who supposedly trashed a bathroom and were forced to pay retribution at gunpoint? LOL.

Also.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7WLCfX5YHoo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>