1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Monday - Game1: Yao is a warrior...has heart | Friday - Game3: Yao injured, trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsfan86, May 9, 2009.

1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Haha. Thanks for the laugh buddy! :D

2. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

Seems to me that it's the coach's job to substitue, no matter how much he wants to stay out there.
    Yao's been playing around 40 mins/game last 5 games. Not saying that he shouldn't, it is the playoffs afterall. But Rockets can avoid that by just have a real backup C. I kown it's a shock to everyone Deke got injured, hopefully they'll find someone in the off season.

Right now the mission for Morrey, a legit backup C, and a good wingplayer who can create his own will Yao being fronted/doubled. Of course, he can also listen to Clutchfans, trade Yao/Tracy/maybe whoever, and go for 2010.

Also for my taste, I'd like to have a pass first PG, it just make no sense to let your PG attack while your best scorers are Yao/Artest/maybe Tmac. But then again, this will be none factor after Rockets get a healty Tmac or some good wing player who can create his own.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Remember game #1 at LA when Yao walked into the tunnel refused to come out? Isn't that the start of his foot injured? No wonder he was slow in game #3...he was slow at everything...from dunking to moving laterally. That's why he got blocked. He was not super quick like he was in game #1.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if lebron james suffers the same injury 3 years in a row, i guarantee you the cavs will be rethinking their future plans with lebron.

you do not build around stars who get injured every year.

5. somenobody

somenobody Member

I am outrage :mad: ous

6. stonesc

stonesc Member

yao, i think you should leave rockets, except that they will hire a backup center to reduce your playing time in every game. you are a human but not a machine, although rockets offered Max salary to you, but they have earned so many money from you since you came to houston, you will not get the champion if you stay in rockets

7. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

You know what? That's why I think Yao Ming should never buy into that royalty stuff. You know people won't be royal to you when you are down. They want your royalty when you are benefiting them.

8. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Actually, more than likely than not, Yao won't resign with the rockets. There have been disagreements between Yao and rox management/Les (not explicitly though).
    This is according to Yang Yi, Yao's buddy in China.

9. JoliePitt

JoliePitt Member

When he's winning, everyone is phrasing him. Yet when he's down, let's kick him and trade him.

Give the guy a break.

10. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

It's hard for me as a fan to see this coming at Yao again and again.Last year he suffered the same kinda injury on his left foot,and now it's another fracture on his left foot.

How the hell could it be possible for him to injure his foot like that 3 years in a row?His body is rejecting this kinda intensity when playing bball on the court for so much minutes. :eek:

******* it.Pul-lease win Game 4 for Yao. :mad:

11. Rocketsfan86

Rocketsfan86 Member

According to

spookyoldtree

that

this is according to yang yi

Source it please

12. blender

blender Member

I am a huge Yao Ming fan, but reality is reality. The Rockets cannot go far in the future if Yao can't hold up to the wear and tear of a full NBA season + playoff run. If Yao's body forces him into a limited complementary role, the Rockets can't afford to tie up max contract money on Yao.

A team like the Knicks may be able to live do it because they aren't afraid of the salary cap, and can keep spending to bring in more top-tier players. But I don't think Les Alexander's pockets are nearly deep enough to go that route.

It sucks but the Rockets need to look at Yao's injury issues and really reevaluate their plans this offseason. :(

13. jamesqjf

jamesqjf New Member

No matter what happens. Yao is always the best C in my heart ~

14. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Either Trade Yao or Trade Adelman!!!

15. doggfrenzy2

doggfrenzy2 Member

Before the TMac trade, early first round exit; after the TMac trade, early first round exit. And now, with TMac sitting on the bench (or the reheb facility in Chichago), we passed the first round and are giving the Lakers a serious run for their money. So please enlighten me, how did trading Tmac for Francis make us a better team? We traded away Hakeem, and we never saw the second around in more than a decade. Is that KARMA??

Now, Yao's season is over. Instead of wishing him all the best recovering from the injury and give him blessings, the Houston fans choose to trash Yao - the player who just got us out of the first round in 12 years time, the player who gave an incredibly heroic effort in beating the Lakers 4 days ago. Looks to me the organization and its fans aren't worth anybody's dedication and loyalty.

16. kawins

kawins Member

So sad.
    Somes "fans" here made me sick.

17. TONY9598

TONY9598 Member

This let me recall the story of our Dream.He should have finished her career in Houston,but we trade him.

18. chrisdon

chrisdon Member

Good post
    you made me believe there's still faith and gratitude in rockets fans

19. chrisdon

chrisdon Member

So that's why houston struggled for 12 years to overcome playoff rnd 1.
    Sadly, when our hero carried us across it with the cost of his injury, some freaking selfish fans are shouting to trade him

20. chrisdon

chrisdon Member

this Cannonball guy is a shame of houston fans.