1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mock Draft transaction blow up page

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by leebigez, Jun 7, 2002.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

This is the therad where all threads that don't work under realgm will be blown out of the water and maybe Cat's review. I've already blown one up and its dynamics, here's another. Sorry Cat.

Memphis trades: PF Tony Massenburg (5.5 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 17.0 minutes)
    SG Michael Dickerson (10.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.3 apg in 31.0 minutes)
    Memphis receives: SG Maurice Evans (2.1 ppg, 0.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 4.5 minutes)
    C Marc Jackson (4.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.7 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -9.4 ppg, -3.7 rpg, and -1.9 apg.

Minnesota trades: SG Maurice Evans (2.1 ppg, 0.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 4.5 minutes)
    C Marc Jackson (4.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.7 minutes)
    Minnesota receives: PF Tony Massenburg (5.5 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 73 games)
    SG Michael Dickerson (10.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.3 apg in 4 games)
    Change in team outlook: +9.4 ppg, +3.7 rpg, and +1.9 apg.

TRADE DECLINED

Due to Memphis and Minnesota being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Memphis and Minnesota had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here (only Memphis met the condition). This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

I'm not hatin, lets just be fair people.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

RealGM makes mistakes, lee.

RealGM breaks down the player's contracts into ratios.
    Marc Jackson (13.2) + Maurice Evans (1.4) = 14.6
    Michael Dickerson (7.9) + Tony Massenburg (6.5) = 14.4

If that doesn't work I'm not sure what can. None of the players are BYC or anything...

3. leebigez

Cat, nothing is perfect, but what the cpu is doing is taking in account that next yrs salary for the players that signed extensions are in effect. Dickerson just signed a extension just like Pierce and Dirk and most of the class of 98. The yrs left is the extension signed, thats why players that are shown with 0 on contract yr, they are free agents as of July 1. Its the only crdible checks and balances we have to make it realistic. The ratio value hasn't increased but the cpu recognizes the actualities of the situation. Its not a mistake by real gm Cat. :)

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

lee: every trade so far in this league has been on last season's salaries, if that's the case. Do you want to go back and change them all? I suppose it's possible, but I think it'd be a lot easier to go by last year's salaries, since those are on real GM as reference points and since those are on the game.... thoughts, anyone?

5. leebigez

I know I'm a little late, but thats the point. If the realgm checker will accept the trade, then fine, if not then we (the participants) shouldn't. Your 3 way worked by real gm, so all other trades should work also. I'm just looking for something that has the slightest amount of grey area. If we're going to use realgm, then use it. Lets not use it sometimes when trades work then say it doesn't work when the trades don't work. If the realgm trade checker is ahead of us and is using the extension signed just like the nba will after July first, then thats what we should do in my opinion. Otherwise you can basicall have guys like Paul Pierce being traded for trash and hot garbage because of his low salary this yr. In the nba, if a team wants to trade a player before,after or during the draft, the team has to factor in next yrs salary. Thats the reason why Shareef was traded for Wright and Knight to make the salaries match. Thats like if Steve signs an extension this summer and for some unknown reason the Rockets want to trade him after the trade deadline, theoretically he will make only 3mill and his salary would be easy to move, but realistically, if a team wanted Francis after the extension and after the trading deadline, the would have to be able to trade to within 15% of his extension on his contract. It only makes sense to play buy the rules.

6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I used the trade checker, Lee. All it gives is ratios now. I added up the parts of the deal into the site's equation and it worked.

7. mduke

mduke Member

Man, this league is sucking more and more with this crap.... Get it right Lee

#2 pick- 0
    Rose- 44.2
    Fizer- 11.2
    Curry- 10.9
    Total= 66.3

Finley- 43.3
    Wahad- 20.6
    Dirk- 8.8
    Total= 72.7

They are within 115%, get your facts straight