1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mobley for Cassell?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bongman, Aug 5, 2002.

1. bongman

bongman Member

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Your handle fits.

3. haven

haven Member

You mean, trade for a player who's greater value is dubious? When the player we're trading is the best friend of our best player? For a player who plays our best player's desired position? When our best player is up for a new contract?

Brilliant.

4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

As much as I love the Sam of old, this wouldn't work--unless he filled his old Rocket role and replaced Moochie.

5. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

lol My thoughts exactly;)

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I think you have gone BONkers my friend!

7. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I think he has had some of what Odom and Taylor had!

I think the Bucks do a better trade....one that fits their needs more Mobley would be playing behind Allen...thats a not a good deal for the bucks or the bucks ;)

8. bongman

bongman Member

Dubious? Guy has 2 championship rings and was one of the reasons why they were one game away from the finals last year. Not going to argue on who is better between the 2 but to question his skills, i dont understand. Smoking or not.

Best friend? So according to this logic, don't trade one of your player because he is the best friend of your franchise player? I understand that we want to keep Francis and the Rocket's future is very bright with him in it. But are we going to allow this to influence our decision to make a this a better team? Contract negotiations or not - does not make sense.

Francis is very good at his position and many over here can argue that he is a natural 2. It just sounds logical to place him there and replace his position with a proven winner. It's very hard to make the argument that Moochie is better than Cassell.

To all that like my nic - thx.

:)

9. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

why yes he has

10. Stevie Francis

I never knew thread topics could get this out of hand. The Rockets would never do that. Thats like saying we will sign Tim Duncan when he is a free agent. Or something like that.

This is what i think of this Thread-.....BOOOOOOOOOOO:mad: :p

11. mfclark

mfclark Member

No, you don't trade one of the players not just because he's the franchise player's best friend - you don't trade him for someone who plays the exact same position as that same player and because, perhaps, the player you are dealing away is better than the player you are getting back, not to mention a quieter, younger player to boot.

12. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

:D

Hard to follow, but, nevertheless, the truth.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

no way we trade mobes. not unless we want an unhappy franchise on our hands.

14. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

If we did do this trade, and Francis was a little unhappy, then we could say he isn't a franchise player, right? :rolleyes:

15. Rockets2003

Rockets2003 Member

16. Stylez

Stylez Member

I was gonna degrade this trade proposal but everyone else has done a good job of doing that.

NO WAY! For all the reasons stated in the above posts.

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

the fact that mobley is steve's best friend shouldn't matter. the fact that cuttino is probably better than sam and starts at a position we need ends the deal. our best player plays cassells position. the trade doesn't make sense for either team since they also have allen.

18. SCOOTER T.

SCOOTER T. Contributing Member

cassell as the point and francis in the 2 position. in works. i love mobley but this combination works!!!!

19. sydmill

sydmill Member

lay off the bong a little bit. Your talking like an idiot.

20. Big_Tymer

Big_Tymer Member

I would give up mobley fo cassell. Mobley never dishes it off n just trys to ball but he cant.