1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile Game] Marvel Puzzle Quest

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 16, 2014.

1. MykTek

MykTek Member

I uninstalled it recently because it was draining my battery like crazy. (while not playing)

2. B

B Contributing Member

I'm interested in a spot, and I'm a daily player thanks to this thread.

3. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

I play daily and would like to join, as well.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I un-friended several folks due to inactivity in-game; if I don't see gifts coming back I assume people have stopped playing. It's nothing personal; the only thing I use my FB for is the game save. If I'm sending in-game presents to people who don't play, it takes away from other players. (Gifting to other people is usually random and three at a time).

Anyway, check to see if we're still friended.

Are we friended on FB? https://www.facebook.com/bul.mik.71

Kick me an email at xerobull at gmail or respond to this thread if you guys have any questions.

#44 Xerobull, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  5. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

We are but my game is messed up. It will either show just one or several of my friends on my actual fb account and not my fake account.

Edit: I just sent a request to join your alliance (username: enjoy)

#45 CharlieMurphy, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  6. Xerobull

Ace: Send a request to join.

B: You get the next spot that we can add.

7. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

I've been playing non-stop since I discovered this thread. The comic book/super hero thing has really hit fever pitch with Agents of SHIELD, Cap 2, X-Men, Arrow, etc.

Currently I'm transitioning from one-star to two-star characters. Spent all my hero points on rosters spots (best advice) except one time I bought a heroic cover for 100 hero points. I've completed all missions but still have a good amount of rewards to earn on those missions. My assumption is that the rest of the game is through events?

8. Xerobull

Events and tournaments, yes. The events extend the storyline well. I'm rarely bored with them although they have repeated a few events (but have inserted different characters).

There is more than enough to do. I usually have to pick one over the other.

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Is there a point where your team stop hemorrhaging points in these events? And is there a strategy to place better in these events? I grinded up 1000 points untouched in Simulator and then I next check and I lost over 100 overnight. Doesn't seem as important since there isn't a ranking reward for Sim, but those 2*s 2000 point level look nice. But now I'm losing a few points everytime I check up.

Also I found out that health packs regen charges if you get below 5. So in a way it keeps topping you off, if you can manage to keep your champs healthy for 35 minutes.

10. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

I suggest on PVP's to not join an event too soon as all the hard core established players that have 3 star teams tend to join early. But if I do join early I play only to get a couple hundred points. Then I put in a team that I purposely want to lose. When they start beating you a lot then you get weaker teams in your que to play. Then on the last day I ram through those easy opponents they que'd up for me. I will usually not play in the last few hours of an event because I will lose a lot of hit points. I'll put up shields and try to hold on to wherever I'm at. I've got maxed out 2 star teams right now and am content to the fact that I have no chance at the top spot until I get a few 3 stars maxed.

11. Xerobull

My tourney strategy differs from Ron's.

I usually play up to around 300-400 the first day of the tourney. I'll then leave in my nastiest, highest hp team. I don't get attacked much, and if I do it's a good chance I'll win and garner some points.

I'll then play the last few hours of a tourney and power up to the top 20 or 30. If I'm close to getting farther, I'll start boosting so I can speed through opponents.

It's how I've been doing it from jump and I've consistently placed in the top 20 (and won one) as long as I have time to implement my strategy. If it's an 11 am finish time I usually don't even bother as I'm too busy at work to get a solid few hours playtime in.

12. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Xero I can't see the invite? if i'm already in an alliance can I still get the invite?

I already spent over $100+ into this game.

13. Xerobull

There's no invitations for alliance. You have to search and then join. Once I see that you'e joined, I will approve.

14. Ron from the G

My team can't handle this strategy as the last hour I am getting completely pounded on by the 3 star teams. Gross. Anyway usually that last hour if I play I win one match and then when I come out of it I see that I've been attacked by 4 or 5 different people so I end up going negative rather than positive.

But it looks as though last night after they got their servers back up that the PVP matching system was tweaked. Because usually after winning so many PVP matches in a row I get opponents that I just have no chance against and have to stop. I could skip tons of times and they still give me ridiculous opponents. But last night I won a ton in a row and when they would throw an opponent I couldn't handle it only took one or two skips to get me to an opponent more near my level.

So next PVP that ends at night I might try your strategy instead if the match ups continue to be like this.

15. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

How do you "choose" what team to leave?

16. Ron from the G

The last team you fight with in that particular event is what team you leave behind as defense.

17. Ron from the G

Looks like I was correct. This is from one of their mods:

18. Xerobull

Still got your spot open, Ace. :)

19. B

B Contributing Member

I have friended you on Facebook tonight with my son's account and I'm keeping an eye on this thread for an open spot to come up.

20. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

I just joined pending your approval.