1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile] Apple iPhone 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

why dont you order online when the restock around 10pm and pick up in store the next day. i dont get why more people dont do that

2. moose

moose Member

Thats what I did the day after launch day. It's very convenient.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Huh? How does this work?

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

that's what I did for the 5. Its pretty efficient just as long as when you pick it up the store isn't slammed.

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

you log onto the apple.com site at 12am cst so its 10pm pst. you go through the motions of ordering a phone but at the delivery selection you select "pick up in store" it then searches for which stores in your zip code have it and you select which one. Then bam you pay and pick it up.

Im not sure if that's the exact wording on the website but that's the procedure.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

For the ones with AT&T, did y'all do the NEXT Plan, or were you guys out of contract?

I plan on purchasing the 64G Plus.

My current 5's screen is half paralyzed. I dropped it. So i'm kind of needing to get a phone now.

Debating on paying 80 bucks to get my screen fixed and wait for the contract to expire at the end of November, and pay 400 for a new phone, instead of 850 for 20 or 24 months.

I'm sure it was discussed in this thread.

7. moose

moose Member

Anyone looking to switch to T-Mobile, let me know. We can both get unlimited LTE for 12 months.

8. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

mine was busy but i literally walked into the store and out with my phone in 2 mins

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Hey guys, can someone help me out with this questions:

I'm in the UK right now, for a year. Dropped my iphone and broke it, of course. I want to buy an iphone 6 in the US (much cheaper than in the UK). However, it seems like you can only buy them with a carrier... is that true?

What about with t moblie? I see you pay the full price for their 'unlocked' phone... is it really unlocked? I have an EE sim card right now in the UK and want to be able to plug it into my phone.

Thoughts??

10. jasehenderson

jasehenderson New Member

Help

my order says this too! What does (10-200) mean?

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Is anyone else still waiting on their phone to be shipped? I ordered a 16gb Space Gray 6 Plus on 9/29 online from Verizon and it had an expected ship date of 11/14. I didn't think it could possibly take that long but now I'm not so sure.

I would love to cancel my order and try my luck with finding one on the Apple website then picking up in store, but from all I've seen you can't do that when first switching to Edge.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

Ugh, why isn't tmobile selling the gold version of the note 4? And i didn't expect it to be sold out everywhere. Hopefully i don't have to wait months for it like the iphone. If i didn't have to wait so long for iphone, i wouldnt have decided to get the note 4. Sorry, couldnt find the smart phones thread.

13. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Go into an apple store in the US and ask for the TMobile version of the iphone. The TMobile version (from an apple store) comes carrier unlocked.

If you buy a TMobile Iphone from a TMobile store it will come locked. So make sure you only buy one from an Apple Store in the US.

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I was able to trade in my iPhone 4 16GB to AT&T and get the $200 credit...which is just going to be put towards my next two cellphone payments, haha.

Almost forgot the online quote I got expried tomorrow so glad I remembered! :)

15. HR Dept

So, scratch that... Just picked up a 64gb Space Gray Plus from the Apple Store at Baybrook Mall. This damn thing is HUGE. tyss

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Do all stores get stock in at 12 CST? I haven't had any luck with the one closest to me (Memphis, TN).

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

Anyone know the best way I can sell my iPhone 5 regular from samsung?

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Bump for my question above

19. HR Dept

What do you mean by "from Samsung"?

20. Outlier

Outlier Member

Oops I meant Sprint.